TC 8 still can't show raw image thumbnails

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

noal

TC 8 still can't show raw image thumbnails

Post by *noal »

Hello, I'm not sure If I should call it a bug, but anyway..

I would like to see thumbnails for canon or nikon raw (cr2, nef) images. Also flv videos for example.
Clean install win7x64, TC8, Microsoft camera raw codec pack x64 and shark007 pack for videos installed.
The problem is that all of them are visible in explorer. I tried every option I know of with ini file etc. (IViewAdditionalTypes) and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Yes, there is one suggestion - wait for TC 8.1 (or whatever it will be called). According to this thread, the author is considering fixing it.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
noal

Post by *noal »

Ok, thanks for answer, hope that using suggested IThumbnailProvider implementation in TC will apply for all files not just videos.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, I have already added ITumbnailProvider. I'm currently considering to eihter start a public beta test again (which could take again many months with the frequency of bug reports), or a private beta test.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
noal

Post by *noal »

BTW. Thank you author for listening and still working on TC. Now I couldn't even imagine working without TC. Using it like 15 years or so. It's by far most useful piece of software and one of the best investment I've made :)
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

Noal, check out the new build of TC (8.01rc1). In my case, it fixes this issue perfectly.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, can someone please check it? I'm now using ITumbnailProvider if available.
noal

Post by *noal »

Hi, yes it works now the same way like explorer it seems. Nice. One thing I noticed though that loading of thumbs is slower than in explorer, but it's not such a big problem since they are cached after that.
Anyway Thank you umbra and author !
meencantatc

Totalcmd CR2 thumbnail

Post by *meencantatc »

After a couple of hours, installs and reinstalls I've realized, that only the x32 version (totalcmd.exe) of 8.01 rc1 creates thumbnails from canon raw files (cr2), totalcmd64.exe shows only irfan icons. I don't know, is it counts or not, but I've extended ThumbPlgTypes=*.* and ThumbIrfXnTypes=*.* with a *.cr2, and typed IviewAdditionalTypes=*.cr2 in ListerPlugins64 section.

Anyway, thank you Christian for the new version, the software is still awesome, a masterpiece!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This means that you only have a 32-bit TC plugin or 32-bit Explorer extension for this file type on your system.