Lister Plugin for direct preview of shortcut link

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flandar

Lister Plugin for direct preview of shortcut link

Post by *Flandar »

Hi, i started to use this wonderful program total commander, and i think the Total Commander is the best file manager :).
I searched for plugin or option which i will be able to direct preview in lister windows оf shortcut links.
For example if i have short cut link of pdf file in lister windows i want to see the pdf file instead of information about shortcut.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

So you want to view the shortcut's target and not - like the topic's title suggests - the shortcut itself. You can use Ctrl+Cursor-right and Ctrl+Cursor-left to open the link's target directory in the left-hand/right-hand panel respectively and set the cursor on the target file. Now you can use F3 on the target file to view it. You might need additional plugins to view PDFs or other file types.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Lister Plugin for direct preview of shortcut link

Post by *nsp »

Flandar wrote:Hi, i started to use this wonderful program total commander, and i think the Total Commander is the best file manager :).
I searched for plugin or option which i will be able to direct preview in lister windows оf shortcut links.
For example if i have short cut link of pdf file in lister windows i want to see the pdf file instead of information about shortcut.
You have an lnk file and you do not want it to see as an lnk file.... is that right ? (i never seen option in TC that directly redirect lnk file to any registered lister)
If you have windows seven or above and ntfs drives, i can advise you to replace your lnk file by a junction or a hardlink...
Flandar

Post by *Flandar »

Thank you a lot for your fast replays, with "junction function" and PDF lister plugin ( wlx_sLister_1.1.2 ) everything working perfectly :).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

The only note: symbolic links, not junctions. :wink:

You can also use my Virtual Panel plugin for keeping links to PDFs, they may be opened from it just like from regular file panel.