negate file selection criteria

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

captainhunt

negate file selection criteria

Post by *captainhunt »

Hi

using total commander for over 10 years now, I am missing only one feature in my daily work, and that is:
The possibility to store negated file selection criteria, especially in combination with regex.

I know I can invert selections, However for user defined views this would come in very handy, instead of select, invert, show selected only. Quite cumbersome I can tell you :)

Best regards
Gergoe
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

The possibility to store negated file selection criteria, especially in combination with regex.
Just press "Ctrl-F12" and select your saved search ... even regex.

This will show only files matching your search. :)
#5767 Personal license
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

2sqa_wizard
But he is looking for a way to show the files that are not matching the search.
2captainhunt
AFAIK there is not such option and the only way is to invert the selection like you are doing it now.
captainhunt

Post by *captainhunt »

I am working a lot with saved searches on huge simulation directories with 100s of files, where I need to look at different files types. For some cases I can easily define a search, but for some I can only give the negated expression: e.g. something like not pp[0-9]+_des.cmd when I am interested in all other *.cmd files.

So to achieve something similar like pressing Ctrl-F12 Showing the files that do not match the saved search is exactly what I am looking for instead of: always doing a select group, choose search, invert selection, show selected files only.