two bugs i hate in 8.01 release, are they fixed in 8.5 ?

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Michael REMY

two bugs i hate in 8.01 release, are they fixed in 8.5 ?

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,

i use the 8.01 release of TC, on Win7 x64.

there are 2 bugs that are very boring me every day. Are they fixed in last release ?

first one : freeze resource
i have a folder with many folders (on hard drive, not SSD). Each morning, the first time i run TC, i do open this folder and during the preparing time , TC animate the mouse cursor and wait....
Ok it is long i understand, but during this time the other part of TC is desable.
Why can't i explore the left path during the preparing of the right side ?

second bug :

-i have a list of files in my left side, then i order them (by date for exemple) by clic on column
-then i delete one file (using DEL keyboard key only, not the mouse button)
-here is the bug : the cursor on the next selected file is hidden (the one in dotted-border). but i understand there is another file selected after my deleted one : that i don't see.
if i do an action (delete again by exemple), then i know it by the display confirmation dialog.
i have to click on the right side anywhere, and go back in my left side to see again my cursor around the selected file.

i hope i've be well understand because i not english.

so, do that bugs are fixed in earlier release ?

Best regards

Mike
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi Michael REMY,
there are 2 bugs that are very boring me every day. Are they fixed in last release ?
Safest way is to try it.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Michael REMY

the changelog

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,

shall you provide the full change log since 8.01 release please Sir ?

best regards

Mike
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: the changelog history file

Post by *Stefan2 »

Michael REMY wrote:shall you provide the full change log since 8.01 release please Sir ?
You can find them on this forum, see

Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) > Total Commander 8.51a final available (32bit+64bit)

>>> A list of additions and corrections, also for previous versions, can be found in the history file.

- - -

Additionally you may want to browse the 'Total Commander bugs and suggestions' sub forum.

But maybe someone remembers the details and can tell you directly.

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Michael REMY,
shall you provide the full change log since 8.01 release please Sir ?
I shall.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Michael REMY

some news

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,
i installed the 8.51a x64.

the first bug about the freeze resources during big folder read seems behind me. The first read of a big folder (3000 item folders in my case) takes only 2 seconds for me now.

and i didn't manage to reproduce the second bug (strage curso invisible after delete an iten in an ordered list)

very happy i am !