extract archive inside archive

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

extract archive inside archive

Post by *nsp »

I have a Zip containing other Zip files organized in folders. When i want to extract contained archive :
if i select All.ZIP\Folder 1\Test.zip When i call the unpack all "cm_UnpackFiles" the extracted file is the enclosing archive and not the selected one.
The behavior should be coherent with normal file system or not executable if the curent file is inside an archive !
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, cm_UnpackFiles inside archives extracts files from archive itself regardless of focused file type, it doesn't unpack focused file. You can only enter nested archive in order to use cm_UnpackFiles for unpacking it.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

MVV wrote:Well, cm_UnpackFiles inside archives extracts files from archive itself regardless of focused file type, it doesn't unpack focused file. You can only enter nested archive in order to use cm_UnpackFiles for unpacking it.
Do you claim that the behavior is not coherent by design ?
I would prefer to not have cm_UnpackFiles being enabled at all inside archive as the result is not what we could expect !

--- Edited ---
I now have to work with archives that contains hundreds of zip and did not noticed this weird behavior before ! But as all F3 F4 F5 F6 .. Keys work transparently or have warning, for me it is a bug that the result is not what should be expected !
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

cm_UnpackFiles has always unpacked the currently open archive when one was open.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

ghisler(Author) wrote:cm_UnpackFiles has always unpacked the currently open archive when one was open.

What do you mean ?
If a behavior is very old, even if it is weird/inconsistent it should/will never be corrected/modified because no complaint came fast !

This is fine for me if i can find it documented in the help file. Preventing or warning is better but this is up to you !