Ultra TC Main Menu Editor 2.01 release

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Ultra TC Main Menu Editor 2.01 release

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi all
You can download the new version from the new site i had created for my program http://www.geocities.com/utcmedit/utcmedit.htm

i have added many new features and enhncement in version two. Please try it and i'm waiting for your opinions.

What is new in version 2.00
==================

:arrow: New command (Customize Totalcmd.inc…) enable you to arrange the commands in Totalcmd.inc file to be exactly like your main menu or you can arrange them sorted.
:arrow: Drag and Drop supported now, from the commands list to the menu tree or within the menu tree itself.
:arrow: Multi select commands feature enable you to add/remove more than one command at once.
:arrow: Show any comment in the menu file and you can add your comments at any place in the menu file.
:arrow: Support Total Commander 6.02 internal’s command file format.
:arrow: Many customization options added to Options dialog.
:arrow: Status bar added to show some useful information.
:arrow: Recent files list added to the program File menu and to toolbar Open button.
:arrow: New toolbar button to show/hide the command list if you need more space when editing the menu tree.
:arrow: New commands added to Commands list right click menu.
:arrow: Associate TC menu file (*.mnu) with the program, enable you to open these files by double click.
:arrow: Save all program settings in Utcmedit.ini file in program folder.
:arrow: Enhancement all program operations speed, specially opening menu file and sorting the command list.
:arrow: Progress bar appear when perform tasks that takes long time to execute.
:arrow: Optionally toolbar Save button marked with current save mode.
:arrow: And many others.
Last edited by ts4242 on 2004-04-24, 09:22 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2ts4242
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/utcmedit/utcmedit.htm
You may contact me by mail webmaster@wincmd.ru and I will create an author's account to manage and upload your plugin on www.totalcmd.net and www.wincmd.ru
Thank you.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

You can now download the new version from
http://www.geocities.com/utcmedit/utcmedit.htm
Or
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/utcmedit.html

What is new in version 2.01
==================

:arrow: Added: Support Russian language and other languages.
:arrow: Added: Set the font of the Menu tree in Move To... dialog to the current font settings.
:arrow: Added: If (Totalcmd.inc) file contain an error, the line number that contain this error will be shown.

:arrow: Fixed: Error occur when press CTRL+D while the command list is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: Error occur when press CTRL+A while the command list is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: Error occur when press CTRL+F7 while the command list is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: Error occur when press CTRL+F8 while the command list is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: Error occur when the program start and click cmmoand list very right hand free space
so that the selection is deleted, and press the button "Definition".

:idea: Changed: The comment group default name changed from "Comment Heading" to "Comments"
:idea: Changed: When saving the menu file the comment group name line (Written only if you have changed the default name) is marked with ";..." instead of the previous long and ugly line ";DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY THIS LINE___"
:idea: Changed: The save mode (Text, Decimal or Hexadecimal) will not saved into the menu file, instead it will be
determined automatically.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: I have made these changes in order to not write anything into your menu file you did not
actually wrote it.

Please Russian users I need to know if the new version works fine with you?
Thanks
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

Does your app still have those extremely annoying hotkeys? Both this one and the Start menu editor have hotkeys configured that I consider standards for other functions. I keep pressing Ctrl+V to paste the name of a menu entry, and then instead I duplicate the current entry... That's annoying.

I suggest you allow the user to set his own hotkeys (sorry if this has been implemented, haven't tested the latest version) AND that you make other default hotkeys, like use common hotkeys (just look in pretty much any other app, Word, notepad or whatever).

It's a great tool, though! But for keyboard-addicts it can be a little frustrating ;)
license #76904
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

TucknDar wrote:Does your app still have those extremely annoying hotkeys? Both this one and the Start menu editor have hotkeys configured that I consider standards for other functions. I keep pressing Ctrl+V to paste the name of a menu entry, and then instead I duplicate the current entry... That's annoying.

I suggest you allow the user to set his own hotkeys (sorry if this has been implemented, haven't tested the latest version) AND that you make other default hotkeys, like use common hotkeys (just look in pretty much any other app, Word, notepad or whatever).

It's a great tool, though! But for keyboard-addicts it can be a little frustrating ;)
Sorry for annoying you.
but because i'm a mouse-addicts :wink: i had offered the program command shortcuts as it is without care of what is standard and what isn't. (i'm always using Shift+INS for paste and Ctrl+INS for copy)
Adding options for hotkeys customize is not defficult but what for? the commands are few.
but as far as you a kb-addicts i ask you to help me reassign the hotkeys that annoying you to another keys.

Thanks for interest
Kind regards