Copy from External SD Card to LAN Drive

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VmusicV

Copy from External SD Card to LAN Drive

Post by *VmusicV »

Hi,
I have a Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.4 and I have a 32GB micro SD card in the phone.

I have downloaded the plugin for LAN connectivity via SMB protocol, and I am able to navigate/see the LAN drive.

I want to copy files from my SD card to the LAN drive -- but how?
When I select files to copy, and click the "Copy/Move" screen pops up, but it doesn't let me select or navigate to the LAN drive where I want to copy the files.

On the Copy/Move screen there is a text box where you put the folder you want to copy/move the selected file(s) to. Sadly there no way to "navigate" using the UI, you must type in the folder path.

Can you copy files from the phone's SD card up to the LAN drive? How or what do you type in the folder or directory text box??

Thanks!!
~ConFuzed in Charlotte~
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander is a 2 panel file manager. Please set the target (LAN) in the other panel. You need to swipe sideways or click the button with the 3 arrows to swap sides.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
VmusicV

Two Pane Window

Post by *VmusicV »

Hi,
First - thanks for your help. It took a bit of playing but I got it.

You have a GREAT piece of software, and it's loaded with functionality. Howbeit the user experience isn't the best feature.

There are some pretty good file managers by Chinese software companies, but I don't trust them after hearing reports of data being sent to who knows where.

Have you considered improving the UI?
Thanks
Alex