mmedia.wlx: mmedia.ini visualization before information?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nn1k3

mmedia.wlx: mmedia.ini visualization before information?

Post by *nn1k3 »

Can I change the settings in mmedia.wlx to initially show the visualization rather than the media information?

Detailed example:

Suppose I have many mp4 files in the left panel. I wish to quickly peek at each one in succession using lister Quickview F3. That would allow me to decide whether to keep it, how to rename it, and where to move it.

I installed mmedia.wlx but the initial view shows the media information rather than the visualization. I understand that I can tab over to the right panel and then press “F” to see the visualization. That is good but when I tab back to the left panel and press the down arrow to select the next mp4 file, Quickview shows me the media information again rather than the visualization.

So my problem is simply that I have to press four keys (tab, f, tab, down arrow) rather than just one (the down arrow) for each mp4 file.
nn1k3

Post by *nn1k3 »

FYI I found a crude workaround: Comment out (with leading semicolon) the line beginning with "MP3ext" in mmedia.ini. (That disables the display of media info)