Bug with Pack Files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TheKid

Bug with Pack Files

Post by *TheKid »

When I select files in the a pane (left or right), and press the 'pack files' button, the zipfile is created in the opposite directory (of the other pane).

So let's say, the left pane looks at c:\windows\temp and the right pane at d:\my zipped files, and I select 3 files in the right pane. I would expect them to be placed in d:\my zipped files and not in c:\windows\temp.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

It is not a bug.
Such behaviour exists in TC for years and is intended.

This is the way "two panel file managers" work: one side is source and other is a target for many operations like Copy/Move/Pack/Unpack.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

In addition to what fenix said: You can work around this by adding a custom hotkey Ctrl+Alt+F5 to use the same command cm_PackFiles like Alt+F5 already does. The additional use of Ctrl lets TC pack the files in the current panel, i.e. strip the path from the file name in the input box. This can also be used in conjunction with the button in the button bar, i.e. hold Ctrl down before pushing the button in the button bar to get the same result. Interestingly, the latter works even without specifying the additional hotkey.

HTH

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

TheKid,
So let's say, the left pane looks at c:\windows\temp and the right pane at d:\my zipped files, and I select 3 files in the right pane. I would expect them to be placed in d:\my zipped files and not in c:\windows\temp
Why?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.