9.0b3 issue with thumbnail view

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

obmana

9.0b3 issue with thumbnail view

Post by *obmana »

Hi,

yesterday I had a folder in thumbnail view (w/o images or anything that would need thumbnail handler) and I noticed that cursor, that was located on "parent dir [..]" started to blink very fast, endlessly . I went folder back, then again in same folder, and issue was still there. I ignored it.

Today I was looking in some folders with jpg images, so I switched to thumbnail view. Trying to navigate folders, crashed TC. I restarted and tried again. Same happens.

So I thought to let you know.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

What types of files are in these folders? You may have some shell extension for some file type that's causing TC to crash when TC tries to create a thumbnail for that file (tpye).

BTW: I can confirm the flickerig of the cursor in TC9 beta3 on a Win7 x64 with inverted cursor enabled. It's more visible in 64 bit TC, but also noticable in 32 bit TC. The flickering is always on the item where the focus/cursor is on while TC creates the thumbmails or re-reads the folder content.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
obmana

Post by *obmana »

Unfortunately I don't remember which folder was flickering, only that it didn't contained any filetype that would need thumbnail handler, IIRC.
As for the crash, files were JPEG and I don't have special handler for it - it has single handler provided by system - MS Photo Thumbnail Provider. And it happened just in that folder, in other pictures folders all was fine.

Besides MS providers, I have additionally these on my system:

Code: Select all

CBXShell Class (.cbr, .cbz, .epub)
SumatraPDF Preview (.pdf)
paint.net Shell Extension (.pdn)
Sample Thumbnail Provider (.svg)
In my case I don't use inverted cursor, but inverted selection option on x64 TC on Win10. And it was flickering constantly while problematic folder didn't had any subfolders nor many files, around 20-30.

I know I provide very little info, but thought to write because TC is in beta.