Text color in the "View mode"

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MARK2580

Text color in the "View mode"

Post by *MARK2580 »

I do not know, it's a mistake or be completed in the future ...
In the settings - view mode, you can select the first and second background color, but there is no choice of text color. So, if the user selects a dark color, the text will not be seen.
Sorry if I misunderstood something.
This bug I noticed in version 9.0 beta 3

Sorry for the bad english. I am using a translator.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is intentional. The foreground color is controlled on a per file base via Configuration - Options - Colors - Colors by file type.

When you have a bright background, TC suggests various custom colors which are almost white. If you use a dark background, TC suggests several colors which are almost black. I recommend that you choose one of these colors and don't make a parrot out of Total Commander.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MARK2580

Post by *MARK2580 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This is intentional. The foreground color is controlled on a per file base via Configuration - Options - Colors - Colors by file type.

When you have a bright background, TC suggests various custom colors which are almost white. If you use a dark background, TC suggests several colors which are almost black. I recommend that you choose one of these colors and don't make a parrot out of Total Commander.
Honestly I do not understand anything. :(
For example: in my color preferences for types already have settings such as "no more than 5 minutes" or "no more than 1 hour."
I need to do so when I go to a specific folder, the mode changes to "thumbnails", the background becomes black, and light text. But I can not figure out how to do it.
If the colors on the types of files specify here the same filter, the "on-time filters" are ignored. :?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, you really should not switch from light background to dark background or vice versa with view modes. When you use a light background, keep that also for all view modes, just use different colors (but all very light).
MARK2580

Post by *MARK2580 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, you really should not switch from light background to dark background or vice versa with view modes. When you use a light background, keep that also for all view modes, just use different colors (but all very light).
It turns setting "background color 1" and "background color 2" are useless?
It seems useful new feature, but it is too tangled. :roll:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, you just need to use a more reasonable group of colors.
donector

Post by *donector »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, you really should not switch from light background to dark background or vice versa with view modes. When you use a light background, keep that also for all view modes, just use different colors (but all very light).
Christian I have a similar requirement, technically speaking

For keeping my eyes healthy, my basic setup is to have during daytime DOS style colors (default colours: black background and green fonts)

I happen to have recently discovered FLUX app (GREAT!!) which makes the color of the computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day (https://justgetflux.co)...so my eyes are treated really smooth by the screen...

One great setting FLUX has is the DARK ROOM mode (IE when you use the computer when all lights are off: it inverts the colours so you do not get blinded by the computer screen brightness.. which anyway I have it permanently set at minimum)

As Windows colours are radically changed when you use "dark room mode",
my TC file list default colors (dark) are turned into fully white...

Then I would certainly need an "one click" custom setting that changes the background to white and fonts to black... so when coolurs are inverted by flux, TC file list is turned to black background and clear font (by flux)...

would this be possible?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Not with one click, but you can redirect color settings to a separate INI file and replace that file, then simply open TC settings and click OK to reread it (this sequence may be done with some kind of script).
donector

Post by *donector »

sounds like a good idea... I'll check it. thanks