Change default Filesize (kbyte) setting

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Axxy

Change default Filesize (kbyte) setting

Post by *Axxy »

When you do a Search/Find Files from the Advanced tab/File Size, is it possible to change the default 'Kbytes' from the drop-down menu to 'bytes', either through TC remembering the last used unit, or the option to set the default unit.

I've just noticed how annoying this is every time I search for a file by filesize as I display bytes in the Size column anyway, I don't want to keep selecting bytes instead of kbytes...
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Change default Filesize (kbyte) setting

Post by *nsp »

Axxy wrote:When you do a Search/Find Files from the Advanced tab/File Size, is it possible to change the default 'Kbytes' from the drop-down menu to 'bytes', either through TC remembering the last used unit, or the option to set the default unit.

I've just noticed how annoying this is every time I search for a file by filesize as I display bytes in the Size column anyway, I don't want to keep selecting bytes instead of kbytes...
I do not know any parameter for default filesize unit for search.

But You can save the search configuration with byte selected in filesize and even you favorite operator (=<>) using save. (you should remove startup folder) If you set the name ByteSearch you can launch the "preselected"search using a user command:

Code: Select all

em_bytesearch
COMMAND: LOADSEARCH
PARRAMETERS: ByteSearch 
You can define an alias to launch it from command line or a key combination or a button...