One dir up (parent dir) with click on the very left or right

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deviationist

One dir up (parent dir) with click on the very left or right

Post by *deviationist »

Hello

I'm still working on my Amiga with DosControl as filemanager.
And in DosControl (in fullscreen) it is possible to go to the parent dir with a mouseclick at the very left or right of the program. It is much easier to click then the little [..] knobs above.

Sorry but I can not explain it better. Maybe someone knows Amiga DosControl and can make a better description :?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Ctrl+< or Ctrl+\ (depending on your keyboard layout) may help:
TC help, section 3.b Keyboard layout wrote:CTRL+\ Jump to the root directory (US keyboard)
This even works on UNC paths/shares where TC jumps back to the share's root directory.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dalai,
Parent, not root.

deviationist,
No idea if this still works - AutoHotkey: Go To Parent Directory When Doubleclicking Border.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Oops, I got it wrong. Then it's Ctrl+PageUp. OK, this key combination can be tricky on laptops or other non-standard keyboard layouts.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

or just Back Space
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

I still consider the SpecialCursorMovement=6 to be the fastest way to navigate folders/archives. No need for mouse or key combinations. And all the keys you need are located just next to each other.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
deviationist

Post by *deviationist »

It's just that I'm working only with the mouse (almost). Before I press Ctrl+PageUp and the like I better single click at the right screen border (or right [..] button) for going up in the right window.

OK, thank you for your tips but I think it would be a nice feature for TC that makes "Clickers" life much easier. It's worth a try. If you've had it once you don't want to miss it any more :D