Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:06 am Post subject: Total Commander 2.80 beta 4 for Android
|Total Commander 2.80 public beta 4 for Android is available now!
What's new in beta 4?
- Unpack RAR files >4GB
- Support moving files from/to secondary storage on Android 6 and newer
- Bugfixes: Problems with secondary SD-Cards/flash drives, track numbers in media player
What's new in beta 3?
- Show free and total space in file list in "go up" item ".."
- Bugfixes: Media player notification had invisible (black on black) text on certain Huawei phones; "Send to" from other apps to Total Commander not working properly
What's new in beta 2?
- Bugfixes: Media Scanner, remount on Android N, disabled new MediaSession in favor of older RemoteControlClient interface.
What's new in beta 1?
- Sleep timer to pause playing after x minutes (optional button in media player)
- Read Metadata directly from mp3 (id3v2, id3v1, APEv2), m4a (iTunes format), mp4, aac (APEv2), ogg, flac
- Context menu items to move clicked track/selected tracks to the start or end of the playlist
- Do not resume playing after phone call ends if the music was paused by unplugging headset (and not by the phone call)
- Disable gapless playback for videos since it doesn't seem to work
- Load album art from cover.jpg/png/gif or folder.jpg from track directory if no album art present in the mp3 file itself
- Show currently playing track and total number of tracks in the notification if there is more than one track
Android 6 external SD-Cards/USB:
- Show properties for single and selected files/folders
- Copy button: Show WiFi plugin if it's new enough to support "content:" URLs
- Android TV, Amazon TV: Long OK press on ".." updir now shows "home" and "reload" menu items
- Properties of more than 1 file: Show number of bytes, and on a second line, number of files and (if >1) folders
- Unpack ZIP files >4GB
- Show warning when plugins cannot start due to Purify, Greenify or other tools
The history of changes can now be found here:
The plugins do not need to be updated for this beta.
Here is all the information you need to install:
The plugin is now available via Play Store! To install it, you need to
1. Klick this link to join or leave the beta test. It's no longer necessary to join the Google group!
2. If you had installed Total Commander for Android (release version) from the store, it will install the beta automatically. Otherwise you will have to install TC from the store yourself.
Alternatively, you can download TC from us directly and install it on your device. If this is your first installation of TC for Android, please open the "Settings" app of your Android device and go to the "Applications" page. Here you need to allow apps from "Unknown Sources". This is only needed when NOT installing from the store.
Now there are three ways to install Total Commander for Android:
1. If you read this page on your Android device, just click on this link:
2. If you read this page on your PC, and have a barcode scanner app installed on your Android device, double click on the following QR code, then scan it with your phone to start the download. You can get a barcode App by searching for barcode in the market. Personally I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner" by ZXing Team, it's a very simple one, which is open source, so it should be safe.
3. Finally you can of course type in the above link by hand in the web browser of your device.
On some devices, you need to go to apps - downloads to install, clicking on the .apk in the notification area may fail.
Please post your bug reports and suggestions here in the forum!
Thanks for your help!
Author of Total Commander