Esc key to close recompare dialog (and other MessageBoxes).

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

browny wrote:Should you pay attention and write someting about my objections before posting your opinion, there would be no need to repeat.
What kind of statement is this? Of course I read your post, but it's just as I said before: your opinion about a Yes/No/Cancel dialog. I choose to ignore it, because I have a different kind of experience in this matter, which I tried to explain, you know? This is a public suggestion forum, where we collect opinions and ideas of users for how to achieve the suggestion at hand, and so your objection isn't some kind of veto I'm forced to follow. But thx for the imputation anyway.
browny wrote:It depends on the question; and currently Cancel does not make perfect button text.
The question is the topic at hand and so the one in the OP, where you suggested Ok/Cancel yourself.
So what WOULD be the perfect button text?
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
browny

Post by *browny »

milo1012 wrote:What kind of statement is this?
The kind of statement issued when someone barely reads or ostensibly ignores other's posts - including the one from program's author.
browny wrote:So what WOULD be the perfect button text?
I chose to ignore your hint to retype a good part of the topic contents.
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

browny wrote:when someone barely reads or ostensibly ignores other's posts - including the one from program's author.
The Yes/No/Cancel suggestion came from Dalai AFTER ghisler's post. There was no post from him after that. I seconded Dalai's suggestion, nothing else. As I said: public thread, everyone can state their opinion, despite other user's objections. This is how things work here.
browny wrote:I chose to ignore your hint to retype a good part of the topic contents.
I simply asked about an ACTUAL custom button text – besides standard yes/no/cancel – that would fit your concept of "perfect", but in NONE of your posts you stated one. I don't see any need for repetition or retyping anything here.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
browny

Post by *browny »

I found more standard MessageBoxes that would not close with Esc key; updated first post and slightly changed topic title.