How to add Drive letter 'C:' to Multi Rename mask?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

PhiloVance

How to add Drive letter 'C:' to Multi Rename mask?

Post by *PhiloVance »

How do I enter a Drive letter in the Multi Rename mask? As soon as I type the colon, the New Name becomes <Error!>

This is fine:
\D3300\[=exif.DateOriginal.Y-M-D]\[=exif.DateOriginal.Y-M-D]_[=exif.TimeOriginal.h.m.s]_[N]

This is not:
c:\D3300\[=exif.DateOriginal.Y-M-D]\[=exif.DateOriginal.Y-M-D]_[=exif.TimeOriginal.h.m.s]_[N]

Thanks.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

You can't use drive letters in MRT and the reason is simple: the colon is a reserved/forbidden character that cannot be in file names. AFAIK the backslash is the only special character that is allowed in MRT (maybe forward slash as well, but I don't know that) to be able to move files to different directories. Apparently it's not possible to move files to different drives. You could work around that by subst-ing a drive to some directory on the drive the files are currently on (and telling MRT to move the files to that substed directory).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW it would be nice to be able to specify full target paths w/o any tricks... Also I see that backslash at the beginning of name template is completely ignored - perhaps because TC just appends that to file path...