Reuse "last highlight mode" when renaming with Up/

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

yyang

Reuse "last highlight mode" when renaming with Up/

Post by *yyang »

With F2=cm_RenameSingleFile, one can F2 to rename the current file (w/o hitting Enter), and use Up/Down keys to continue to rename other files.

F2 twice will highlight the current file's base name (w/o extension). In this case, it's more often to also edit just the base names of other files, rather than edit their entire names. As of v9.0a rc2, Up/Down keys always highlight the entire name.

I think it's better to reuse the "last highlight mode" when renaming with Up/Down. Thanks for your consideration.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is currently controlled by RenameSelOnlyName=0 or 1 in wincmd.ini. I prefer to respect this user option than to try to keep a previous user interaction.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
yyang

Post by *yyang »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This is currently controlled by RenameSelOnlyName=0 or 1 in wincmd.ini. I prefer to respect this user option than to try to keep a previous user interaction.
I have noticed that option, but still feel a little inconvenient. Everyone's mileage may very, anyway. Thank you all the same.
yyang

Post by *yyang »

If this helps, by "last highlight mode", I actually meant "the previous highlighting mode in a series of renaming via Up/Down".

1. The first F2 (cm_RenameSingleFile) always works accordingly to RenameSelOnlyName.
2. In a "renaming series" defined by continuous Up/Down keys, any highlighting mode copies the previous one.

This feels both predictable and smooth. (Just to me, of course.)