Tab Click Behaviour

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

harrismail

Tab Click Behaviour

Post by *harrismail »

I have set my tab settings to "Locked but directory changes allowed"

1. Click on a tab in the left hand pane and then open a subdirectory inside it.
2. Now click anywhere in the opposite pane.
3. If you then click on the original tab in the left hand pane the first click doesn't take you to the "root" of that tab it just takes focus back to the left hand pane. It's only the second click that returns the left hand tab to its home "root" directory.

This behaviour is a little inconsistent as if you click on a drive icon or other tab directly on either side regardless on where the focus is - it will take you straight there.

Could this behaviour be changed so that even if you are focused on the opposite pane - when you click on a tab itself it will always take you to its "root" instead of focus first?

I hope that all makes sense!

Steve
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Actually this behaviour is intentional. Otherwise you couldn't just switch to the other panel.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
harrismail

Post by *harrismail »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Actually this behaviour is intentional. Otherwise you couldn't just switch to the other panel.
Sorry, heavily disagree - if all I want to do is focus/switch to the opposite panel I would only ever use the TAB key on the keyboard or I would click anywhere in the opposite panel, anywhere except the folder tab!

I would only ever click on the folder tab to go back to the root just like the same behaviour as when you click for the first time on any tab in an active or inactive pane!

Is there even the slimmest chance there might be a "tab" option to allow this...please??
harrismail

Post by *harrismail »

Any chance Christian....