Delete in Background option before calculating size

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sidefx88

Delete in Background option before calculating size

Post by *sidefx88 »

The option [Calculate size before delete subdirs] enabled in the Configuration panel of TC.

When I delete really big dirs with thousands of subdirs and files, and confirm, then obviously I have to wait the calculation process before I may send the deletion to background...

Maybe it would be great to add a check box [Delete in Background] in the Delete confirmation dialog (which only contains the Yes and No options) to avoid the wait which insumes TC conting/calculating files to delete. When I confirm the deletion of multiple dirs containing lots of subdirs and thousands of files... it takes lots of time :)

Thanks
I Love Total Commander!
willygeerts

Post by *willygeerts »

+1

Having the option could be nice, eg:

- F8 or DEL - Delete files to recycle bin /delete directly - according to configuration

- SHIFT+F8/DEL - Delete directly / delete to recycle bin - according to configuration

- (some keycombo or 'keep DEL pressed') - Delete files using Explorer
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Yes!

Thanks for extend my suggestion :)
I Love Total Commander!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

+1000

I'm pretty sure that TC should calculate files in same progress dialog that deletes them, just before starting actually deleting files, i.e. it should allow sending calculation to background.

Yes, we can cancel calculating files with Esc or Cancel button but I often cancel delete operation if I press Esc too late, and I want to be able to send operation to background w/o waiting. I would disable calculation before deletion at all, but TC doesn't allow disabling it for deletion only (it only allows disabling calculation for both copying and deletion).