A great thing I miss starting 9.0 was that arrow icon on LNK

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sublay

A great thing I miss starting 9.0 was that arrow icon on LNK

Post by *sublay »

There was a great idea to mark <LNK> so called Directory Junction Link with a special arrow icon back in 8.x and 7.x

i.e. C:\Documents and Settings points to C:\Users starting Vista. That's what I am talking about.

And that was an arrow instead of folder icon on 'Documents and Settings'

Now in 9.0 it looks like a hidden folder so I am confused a bit.

Could you bring arrow icon back please?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, you can disable Explorer icons in settings - you will get the same large arrow icons like in TC 8.x.
If you want to keep Explorer icons, perhaps you have disabled icon overlays which are used in Explorer to draw small arrow images in the corner of folder icons for junctions.
sublay

Post by *sublay »

I flipped wcmicons.dll and wcmicon2.dll (TCNewLib1) re-starting TC. No one helps.
MVV wrote:If you want to keep Explorer icons, perhaps you have disabled icon overlays which are used in Explorer to draw small arrow images in the corner of folder icons for junctions.
Not a corner arrow like shown in Explorer, it was a fully 16x16 arrow icon (or larger) back in 8.x I just updated from.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

As I said, you will get old full arrow icon if you disable Explorer icons, otherwise you will only get small overlay arrow.

BTW wcmicons.dll libraries are not related to junction icons at all, this icon is in TC executable and may only be changed using custom icon library (the one that contains internal TC icons and may be set via IconLib INI key, not the one that contain icons from wcmicons.dll and may be selected in TC 9 settings).

I've disabled Explorer icons just when this option become available, and have used IconLib key to disable them in earlier TC 9 betas.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

You might have to also disable "Show '!' on hidden/system" in the icon setup - otherwise it is very hard to see the old arrow icon because of the overlayed !
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
sublay

Post by *sublay »

Got it! Much better now. Thank you for assisting me.

Well it wouldn't be a good manner though to keep such a messy option by default since it may confuse newly updated users.