[TC 9.0a] FTP Connect has a long LAG

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

thomasmolover

[TC 9.0a] FTP Connect has a long LAG

Post by *thomasmolover »

After connected a ftp site, if I left the connect without operation a little time, it will lost the connect, but before it reconnect the site, I havee to wait for a long time -- about 15-30 seconds.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Does it only happen during a (secondary) reconnect, or is the initial first connection attempt also delayed?

In all likelihood this is not a bug in TC, but rather the ftp server (or some form of proxy or firewall between you and the ftp server) doing that.

First, you might want to check whether disabling or enabling passive mode will help. If this does not help, you can tell TC to try keeping a connection alive, although as far as i remember you have to create a connection profile for doing so:

1. Menu "Net" -> "FTP Connect..."
2. In the dialog "Connect to ftp server dialog", click button "New connection...".
3. Fill in your connection parameters.
4. Select the "Advanced" tab, mark the checkbox "Send command to keep connection alive".

Note that you can choose different commands and different time intervals for keeping the connection alive. If you don't know already which command would work with the FTP server you are connecting to, you might have to experiment and try different commands and/or intervals until you find one that's working with that particular FTP server...
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

elgonzo wrote:Does it only happen during a (secondary) reconnect, or is the initial first connection attempt also delayed?

In all likelihood this is not a bug in TC, but rather the ftp server (or some form of proxy or firewall between you and the ftp server) doing that.

First, you might want to check whether disabling or enabling passive mode will help. If this does not help, you can tell TC to try keeping a connection alive, although as far as i remember you have to create a connection profile for doing so:

1. Menu "Net" -> "FTP Connect..."
2. In the dialog "Connect to ftp server dialog", click button "New connection...".
3. Fill in your connection parameters.
4. Select the "Advanced" tab, mark the checkbox "Send command to keep connection alive".

Note that you can choose different commands and different time intervals for keeping the connection alive. If you don't know already which command would work with the FTP server you are connecting to, you might have to experiment and try different commands and/or intervals until you find one that's working with that particular FTP server...
went click the L/R windows with ftpsite, change its path or copy/move some files, the windows couldn't do any thing else, and had none respon in seconds, about 10s+ later, the re connect windows pop and let me choice