Preserve file modify date on copy using ReiserFS plugin

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MiloW

Post by *MiloW »

sqa_wizard wrote:Well, use the synchronize directory function.
- Show context menu and select "Copy file properties" (choose direction as required)
Excuse me, how do you change direction "as required"?
This function seems to work only from the destination to source - I don't know if it judges that I want newer time stamp or what?

I copied some 10 gigs of files to FTP and this idiotic setting of preserving file time stamp was off (why is it off at all? and how do you make it ALWAYS freaking default ON?). And now I want to sync without copying again. The option of syncing the time stamp copies from new to old, can't change it to source > destination (old overwriting new).

See? These are the UX things I've written about - small different things which date back to the Norton Commander era...

EDIT:
Another thing. I upload a file on the FTP. There's an error. I upload again, I click the "silent" transfer and this bitch overwrites and doesn't ask to continue the upload.

Ghisler... you have a looot to do in terms of UX of this tool... 90s are over, man!
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Try this tool.

Post by *Horst.Epp »

theaadityasinghania wrote:I would suggest you to change the software you are using, to get the job done. You should try using GS RichCopy 360 as it will be able to solve all the issues you are facing. It will get your job done without any errors or popups. And its additional features are pretty attractive too and that is amazing. You can also refer to the videos they have provided in case if you come across any problem. Although the GUI of the software is so easy to understand thet you might not get any issues. You must give it a try. Hope this will help.
Why do you answer to an 2 years old post ?
Just to advertising your own software or what :(
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Fortunately, the moderators can delete such a post, however, they will not delete a post of a normal user who for some reason decided to quote the advertisement in full.

Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.