Hidden junction icon

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Hidden junction icon

Post by *wanderer »

When creating a junction and mark it as hidden, the "shortcut" icon of the junction is being replaced by the "exclamation point". It would be very useful if there was an extra icon denoting both states (a hidden junction - perhaps an exclamation point with a small shortcut at the lower right corner).
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

To clarify why i suggested this, i mainly use Brief mode, so <LNK> is not visible to me as is in Full mode. In any case, the icon would be more easy to understand.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I've resolved such issues with custom icon library with modified hidden overlay icon, looks (rightmost column) pretty good for me.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

MVV wrote:I've resolved such issues with custom icon library with modified hidden overlay icon, looks (rightmost column) pretty good for me.
Thanks for the tip and for the link. In there, i discovered this:
Zerryk wrote:My suggestion - change the default icon for junction to something like this, at least when overlays have to be shown:
Image: http://jpeg.cz/images/2016/11/27/lDwaK.png
with which i completely agree. This could be a little confusing for users without technical background though so perhaps there could also be an INI option to activate this icon.

TC has now thousands of external small tweaks like the one i'm asking. It would really be nice if at least some of them were included in TC.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You can easilly replce junction icon in an icon library... though hiddel overlay will still be drawn over it.