Remember cursor position in open tabs on program restart

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dsm

Remember cursor position in open tabs on program restart

Post by *dsm »

Hello,

It would be very useful if TC could remember the cursor position in every open tab and restore it after the program is restarted. Such feature would greatly help anyone who has to work with folders containing many files and needs to remember which file was the last to open.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Remember cursor position in open tabs on program restart

Post by *nsp »

dsm wrote:Hello,

It would be very useful if TC could remember the cursor position in every open tab and restore it after the program is restarted. Such feature would greatly help anyone who has to work with folders containing many files and needs to remember which file was the last to open.
What is useful is to remember the focused file and/or the current selection rather than the position... for this i vote +++
mayhemer2

Post by *mayhemer2 »

[Speaking as a user with license]

Yes, I'd like to have this feature too. The cursor sometimes marks my work flow position (like - 'this is the last file I've worked on').

There is probably no need to support remembering the position in Ctrl-B expanded lists, in search results etc.

This should work the same way as when the folder is refreshed (e.g., the position is remembered when a folder content is changed externally from TC).

Hence, I believe there is already good basis to implement the persistence on.

Thanks!
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

So I wish you good luck with this requirement.
At that time it was not even possible - despite intense discussions and a proposal -
to allow TC to remember the most recently used path of locked TABs in both windows and after a reboot to retrieve these directories.