tcCmdVerify v0.24 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

magz

Post by *magz »

artt wrote:v0.22b i think (no version info in exe - i just download and run)
tcCmdVerify starts
5% (Loading Packer plugins in wincmd.ini)

AutoIt Error
Line 14751 (File "D:\tcCmdVerify.exe"):
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
Could you run the source code through autoit please? So I'll see what line in the code the error occurs at?

Running it like such will provide more info about where in the code the error occurs:
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe" tcCmdVerify.au3

You can download Autoit here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/
Direct link to installer:
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe
Direct link to portable version:
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3.zip
artt

Post by *artt »

latest tcCmdVerify.au3 through autoit3.exe (x32)
tcCmdVerify starts
Command verify progress
5% (Loading Packer plugins in wincmd.ini)

--------------------------------

AutoIt Error
Line 2832 (File "D:\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify.au3"):

WEnd
WEnd^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
Regards
magz

v0.22c

Post by *magz »

Thanks. I've made a quick attempt at fixing this now.
Try v0.22c please
artt

Re: v0.22c

Post by *artt »

magz wrote:Thanks. I've made a quick attempt at fixing this now.
Try v0.22c please
Problem fixed!
Thanks magz this is a very useful tool.
magz

v0.23

Post by *magz »

Finally made a new version. v0.23, and a lot has changed since v0.22c, in fact the number of lines of code has nearly doubled. Too many bug fixes to mention, but there are also new features; GUI has been made for a few more buttons, as well as code to make actual changes to your setup. Please do take a manual backup of your TC settings before doing changes with this tool. The default is that tcCmdVerify first does a backup of any file it changes, but consider this bleeding alpha still. And make a backup of .mnu, .ini and .bar files before letting my tool do any changes.

I did a scan in virustotal.com of both binary files, and it reports 3 hits for the 64 bit exe and 5 hits for the 32 bit exe. I tried with 8 different versions of the autoit compiler. For a moment i considered only providing the source code due to this. If you get nervous by the reports of these poorly designed antivirus tools I recommend compiling the provided autoit code yourself or just running the script without compiling it.

These are the buttons which has new features added for v0.23:

[Cmd path]: Displays a list of commands that can't be found. You'll be given the option to mark commands for deletion, and delete them, if you wish.

[Dupe]: Displays a list of duplicate commands. You may mark commands for deletion here too. (all existing duplicates are listed, so keep at least one of them, unless you really want to delete all instances.)

[Menu cmd]: Displays a list of menu additions that are pointing to commands that no longer exist in the menu .ini or in usercmd.ini. You may choose to delete menu lines within this GUI. It will only affect the currently loaded menu in Total Commander.

[Add menu]: Displays a list of commands in usercmd.ini and the menu .ini that has not yet been added to the menu. Giving you the option to add them to your menu. It displays 3 dropdown menus at the bottom of the GUI. The first is to select the submenu location to add the new menu items. (if you are using a menu like the one made by Peter Madsen.) The second dropdown menu is to choose if the new additions are to be placed at the bottom or the top of that seleted submenu. The third is to choose the menu .mnu file to add to. If you have specified the path to your .mnu file with the environment variable %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% you'll have 4 options: Saving to the current menu, the other menu, both menus at the same time or to clipboard.

[Merge ini]: Displays a list of bar buttons that have the same content as commands stored in usercmd.ini or the menu .ini. Enabling you to make the bar buttons point to the user or menu commands instead. Which is better, as you'll only have to administer the command in one location.
Last edited by magz on 2018-05-09, 17:40 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: v0.23

Post by *Dalai »

magz wrote:I did a scan in virustotal.com of both binary files, and it reports 3 hits for the 64 bit exe and 5 hits for the 32 bit exe. I tried with 8 different versions of the autoit compiler.
How did you compile your code (which switches)? Did you use UPX compression?

I've been using quite a lot of self-written AutoIt utilities over the years, and I came to the conclusion that disabling the AutoIt compression and not using UPX helps to massively reduce - or even completely remove - false positives from anti-virus programs. WSUS Offline also used both compression methods until a while ago, and it suffered from the same issue: users reporting from time to time that their anti-virus software found something.

Yes, it increases file size, sometimes by a lot, but IMO it's worth it unless you absolutely have to care about size (no pun intended).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
magz

Re: v0.23

Post by *magz »

Dalai wrote:How did you compile your code (which switches)? Did you use UPX compression?
I'm always compiling the binaries both with and without UPX. Also some times testing UPX packing with the commandline UPX.exe, through TC, naturally. There are the same false positives for the uncompressed binaries though. After your tip I did try playing with the "Fileinstall compression" dropdown menu for the autoit compiler. Tried all compression methods. For the 64 bit I get one less false positive when setting "low" for "Fileinstall compression". "Lowest" produced 3 false positives, and "Low" 2 false positives. I also got the false positives count for the 32 bit binary down from 5 to 4 after having file compression set to lowest, but it showed 5 positives until I tried running Au3stripper before compilation. I didn't know that the "Fileinstall compression" mattered when not having UPX set, but the size of the binary is clearly bigger the lower the compression, so there seems to be some compression despite no UPX set. Doesn't seem possible to do no compression for "Fileinstall compression" though, as "low" is the lowest compression feature. The reason I personally care about file size is due to wanting my Total Commander installation to fit on a USB pen. With the amount of portable programs I have added to my TC setup I need to save space where I can. I also like providing several options for downloading my tools. Thanks for the tip Dalai.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2magz
The two different compression methods I mentioned are controlled by these Aut2Exe switches:

Code: Select all

/comp 0 /nopack
Don't know if they control FileInstall compression, too, but I guess you can try that out.

PS: I almost never compile my scripts via Aut2Exe GUI because I'm lazy; instead I created simple batch scripts that I just double-click to compile a script (partly even with different AutoIt versions).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
magz

Post by *magz »

Dalai wrote:The two different compression methods I mentioned are controlled by these Aut2Exe switches:

/comp 0 /nopack
Don't know if they control FileInstall compression, too, but I guess you can try that out.
Thanks for the tip, I should have understood that you were talking about commandline switches. I've mostly used the GUI. I tried thos switches but am getting even more false positives then (8/66 for the 32bit). So it may have to stay at 4 false positives on 32bit and 2 false positives for the 64bit of v0.23.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Well, I'm sure the switches correspond to the GUI compression options in some way (for UPX it's obvious /nopack and /pack, respectively). So, yeah, play around with the options a little bit if you want.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

magz

Post by *magz »

Dalai wrote:Well, I'm sure the switches correspond to the GUI compression options in some way (for UPX it's obvious /nopack and /pack, respectively). So, yeah, play around with the options a little bit if you want.
Thanks Dalai. I will probably make a compiling script such as you have done. One that compiles into a motherload of varieties with a bunch of different compression switches, so that I have many executables to choose from when testing, but I'll likely wait with doing so for a upcoming version.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
I get some false errors reported:

cmd path not found:
cm_SrcByName 1
cm_100Percent -30
these commands do support parameters.
em_ext_newdir,cm_wait 100,em_openopositedir
comma-separated em_ and cm_commands are allowed, hence the command path is valid.
"E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe"
This is a path containing Unicode characters. In the button editor it looks like this: "E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe".

icon path not found:
@.png
This is supported since TC 9.10b1 - will use the systems generic icon for the type.

start path not found:
%${374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}%
GUID path's in environment variables is supported since TC 9.10b1.

no cmd path quotes:
cm_SrcByName 1
cm_100Percent -30
em_ext_newdir,cm_wait 100,em_openopositedir
cmd=cm_DirBranch,cm_SrcViewModeList Lysegul
no parameter quotes:
%T%S
%P%N %T%M
%Z %T%R1 %T%S1 %P%S2
when %P and %T is used with other % params, TC sets the quotes itself.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
magz

Post by *magz »

petermad wrote:
"E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe"
This is a path containing Unicode characters. In the button editor it looks like this: "E:\alkalmazások - telepítők\Bittorrent\bencode\BEncode Editor.exe".
I scratch my head a bit about this one, as I thought I'd made sure to maintain unicode chars. I will look into it, as well as the other false reports you mention. Thanks for telling me. I'm going "offline" from tomorrow due to traveling far away from home to paint a couple of houses, but I plan to develop tcCmdVerify further during evenings after painting, so I hope to have a new and much more complete version up after summer. Perhaps there will be quick fixes during summer too, we'll see. As I have been feeling a bit eager at completing this project lately.
dmocha

Post by *dmocha »

Hi,

Attempting to delete one entry from 'cmd path not found' ends with an error:

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 22978  (File "D:\tc\tools\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify_x64.exe"):

I have used the latest version 0.23 (x64) from 7z file from folder Binaries, in a Windows 10 environment.

If it matters, I run TC using:
TOTALCMD64.EXE /I=.\user_ini\win64.ini /F=.\user_ini\ftp64.ini
regards
dmocha
magz

Post by *magz »

dmocha wrote:Hi,

Attempting to delete one entry from 'cmd path not found' ends with an error:

AutoIt Error
Line 22978  (File "D:\tc\tools\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify_x64.exe"):

I have used the latest version 0.23 (x64) from 7z file from folder Binaries, in a Windows 10 environment.

If it matters, I run TC using:
TOTALCMD64.EXE /I=.\user_ini\win64.ini /F=.\user_ini\ftp64.ini
Could you run the source code through autoit please? So I'll see what line in the code the error occurs at?

Running it like such will provide more info about where in the code the error occurs:
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe" tcCmdVerify.au3

You can download Autoit here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/
Direct link to installer:
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe
Direct link to portable version:
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3.zip