This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can no longer open jpg files with TC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArnoldS4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: I can no longer open jpg files with TC Reply with quote

I can no longer open jpg files with TC. When I click on the file name (the TC icon is to the left of the file name), I am taken to the same directory in the other window.
I attempted to set TC as the program to open jpg files. I did this via Windows Explorer, as I read I should do.
At some point recently, I added a new program and TC was no longer the default program to open jpg files.
I have used TC from when it was WC. I am at a loss as what to do.
Thank you.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to unregister TC as system opener of jpg files, because this will just open a new instance of TC with the cursor on the file.

Then, in TC, you can make an internal association (Menu -> Files -> Internal Associations (Total Commander Only).

Here you click "Add", And then erite *.jpg and click OK.

Now you write: "%COMMANDER_EXE%" /S=L "%1" in the "Open" field and click OK twice.
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.0a 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit. TC 2.80b7 on Android 6.0

Get Extended Total Commander Menus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: