+'Move to archive' option leaves empty folders

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

spapost

+'Move to archive' option leaves empty folders

Post by *spapost »

Not sure whether this is a bug, but I'm getting this strange behaviour when creating archive:

1. Select several folders
2. Call 'Pack files' dialog
3. Choose options 'Move to archive' and 'Create separate archive, one per selected file/dir'
4. Start packing with built-in packer

After successful run of the packer, I get the folders emptied, but not deleted. The same behaviour was in at least 8.5RC3, but not in other (8.01 and earlier) versions - checked on two different PCs.

Edit
Tried both x64 and x86 version, with current and clean installs, still leaves folders emptied but not deleted
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This happens when the new option "leave out base directory when packing folders" is checked. Since the base directory isn't packed, it's not deleted either. I will change it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This has been fixed a while ago - please test with beta 5!
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

For 32-bit TC on Vista 32-bit I can confirm that reported issue was present in TC8.5 pb 3, but doesn't present in final releases of TC 8.5 and TC 9 except for following situations:
1) TC's "Move to archive" function still doesn't remove the folders with read-only attribute (and inner files with r-o attribute).
2) TC's "Move to archive" function still doesn't remove the folders and inner files if that folders have restricted acces rights (may be reproduced on the subfolders of %programfiles% on Vista).
Since both mentioned issues are not limited just to the "Create separate archive, one per selected file/dir" option, maybe it's better to make a new separate bugreport for each of mentioned issues?
Last edited by DrShark on 2017-05-22, 12:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think that I should change that. Read only is there for a reason...
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I don't think that I should change that. Read only is there for a reason...
Help wrote:Move to archive If this option is checked, the files are deleted after a successful packing operation.
If TC knows that packing operation was successful and archive was made why at the end of delete operation for regular files/folders also not to ask user for confirmation to remove the source folders/files with read-only attribute or those with elevation requirement to be removed?
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708