LAN Plugin not trying to connect without WiFi

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Xelas

LAN Plugin not trying to connect without WiFi

Post by *Xelas »

I have a large NAS I use as my main file storage at home. When at home and on the LAN, I can access the CIFs shares. I have the share set up on my Android phone via hard-coded IP, not a server name, to sidestep any potential DNS/NetBIOS issues.
When outside of home, I often connect to my home network via VPN (OpenVPN server I run in a VM). When trying to use TC with the LAN plugin to access the same share through VPN when I'm not on WiFi (but have data access through mobile network), I get the message,

Code: Select all

No network connection! Please enable WLAN or disable flight mode! 
Turn on WLAN now? 
[   NO   ] [   YES   ] 
The exact same share works fine on ES File Explorer on the same phone in the same situation (on VPN through mobile data). It seems that the plugin is checking if WiFi is on or not without actually trying to access the share first. Can this please be changed?

Thank you!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to allow connections via phone in the LAN plugin: In the connection list, tap on the line with the hammer symbol to open the settings. There you can allow connections via phone. They are disabled by default, so you don't transfer huge files via phone by accident.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com