PreloadThumbnails=2 and Show custom fields below thumbnails

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

PreloadThumbnails=2 and Show custom fields below thumbnails

Post by *Hacker »

Hi all,
It seems PreloadThumbnails=2 and the "Show custom fields below thumbnails" options are somehow mutually exclusive.
When I set PreloadThumbnails=2 thumbnails get preloaded as they should. However, when I enable custom fields, in my case

Code: Select all

\n[=dirsizecalc.Size]\n[=tc.writedate.D.M.Y h:m:s]
then thumbnails are not preloaded anymore and are only loaded as they are being scrolled into view.
Disabling the custom field and restarting TC enables correct preloading again.

Windows 7 x64, TC 9.0a 32-bit
Tested on a dir with 416 RW2 images where XnView provides the thumbnails.

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
ThumbsLocation=%$LOCAL_APPDATA%\GHISLER
ThumbsCopyDel=1
ThumbsCustomFieldsEnabled=1
ThumbOptions=4
ThumbExplTypes=*.* | *.htm *.html
ThumbPlgTypes=*.*
ThumbIrfXnTypes=*.RW2
ThumbTxtTypes=*.txt *.ini
PreloadThumbnails=2
ThumbsCustomField=\n[=dirsizecalc.Size]\n[=tc.writedate.D.M.Y h:m:s]

[Lister]
IviewAdditionalTypes=*.rw2
IView=0
IViewPath=C:\Programy\XnView\xnview.exe
TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This should definitely work - I will check it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I couldn't reproduce this problem. But I guess that the following happens on your system:
You probably have some large subfolders, and dirsizecalc.Size takes a lot of time to complete.

This plugin is handled in the same background thread as loading the thumbnail images. TC always loads the info of the currently shown files first. Since the folders are at the top, the dirsizecalc.Size fields will be loaded first. If you wait lomg enough, all the thumbnails will be preloaded too.

If you pagedown while still loading, the files which scroll into view will get priority.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
You probably have some large subfolders, and dirsizecalc.Size takes a lot of time to complete.

This plugin is handled in the same background thread as loading the thumbnail images. TC always loads the info of the currently shown files first. Since the folders are at the top, the dirsizecalc.Size fields will be loaded first. If you wait lomg enough, all the thumbnails will be preloaded too.
This is not the case since it happens in Branch view, too (where there are no folder sizes to calculate).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.