What's the point of using IrfanView as an internal viewer?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ahu_Lee

What's the point of using IrfanView as an internal viewer?

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

Could someone please explain to me what is the point of using IrfanView as an internal viewer in TC? What does it do that default TC 9.0a doesn't?

Thank you.
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

Only thing I use (found experimentally) is pressing F in the QuickView window. It switches picture size from "Original" to "Fit to window" and back. Does the TC internal viewer have this function? I am not sure.
In fact, Irfan is my default image viewer independent of TC. Why not use it?
What is the point of your question? Is Irfan glitchy or incompatible with TC? Is it slow to load? What is your problem with Irfan?
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
Ahu_Lee

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

Vochomurka wrote:Only thing I use (found experimentally) is pressing F in the QuickView window. It switches picture size from "Original" to "Fit to window" and back. Does the TC internal viewer have this function? I am not sure.
In fact, Irfan is my default image viewer independent of TC. Why not use it?
What is the point of your question? Is Irfan glitchy or incompatible with TC? Is it slow to load? What is your problem with Irfan?
Thank you very much for your reply. Curiously enough, but on my computer pressing F switches picture size even without IrfanView.

No, I have no problem with IrfanView. In fact, I think IrfanView is actually a great tool and I understand it's value as a standalone program, but I just failed to see what it was doing within TC. It looks like a lot of people use it this way and it's also mentioned in Configure Lister window along with Xnview, so I though maybe I was just missing something. And that's the reason of my question. I wanted to know whether I need it "to load graphics other than BMP" or not.
Last edited by Ahu_Lee on 2017-07-01, 09:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Well. I use IrfanView as internal viewer because it supports a bunch more file types as TC internally does.
In combination with imagine plugin it covers all my needs.
#5767 Personal license
Ahu_Lee

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

sqa_wizard wrote:Well. I use IrfanView as internal viewer because it supports a bunch more file types as TC internally does.
In combination with imagine plugin it covers all my needs.
Thank you.