Get rid of "Background" button in 'Verify CRC'

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Get rid of "Background" button in 'Verify CRC'

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

For the next version of TC, i think it would in my opinion be a good idea to finally get rid of that rather pointless "Background" button in the "Verify checksums" dialog.

About seven years later (or so), there should be no one among the living who still believes that this window/dialog is modal...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

elgonzo,
Right? That space could be used so much better! E.g. it could showcase what the currently chosen dialog background color looks like.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Hacker wrote:elgonzo,
Right? That space could be used so much better! E.g. it could showcase what the currently chosen dialog background color looks like.
Roman
No, that space could be much better used for a counter displaying the number of utterly pointless comments here in the forum... :twisted:
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

I vote for "pointless & get rid of it" and I'll add that it shouldn't have been added in first place. But it has been there for a long time, and it means one thing - now it's someone's most favourite button in whole TC for sure, and as such can't be removed. Remember, no matter how much wrong something is, someone will always fall in love with it. ;)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It was added because this dialog was initially modal, so you couldn't switch back to TC. I added the Background button to make it clear for the user that he can now return to TC.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

ghisler(Author) wrote:It was added because this dialog was initially modal, so you couldn't switch back to TC. I added the Background button to make it clear for the user that he can now return to TC.
Why you felt the need to add this button around the year 2010 is not the point. It's not 2010 anymore... :?
What purpose has this button today?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Well, if I remove it now, people will complain why I removed the background function...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
chandragor

Post by *chandragor »

@ghisler

They won't if you clearly specify it in HISTORY.TXT

Well, at least you can always reply "It is clearly written in HISTORY.TXT" :D
Happy owner of license #12422 since 1997
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

ghisler(Author) wrote:Well, if I remove it now, people will complain why I removed the background function...
No, not at all. Anybody who would complain did so already seven years ago...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

elgonzo,
Anybody who would complain did so already seven years ago...
:?:

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.