Big size files not copied to USB (OTG)

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kmuland

Big size files not copied to USB (OTG)

Post by *kmuland »

Hi all!!

I have a Sony Xperia st25i android 2.3.7 phone and I have the following problem when copying files to USB OTG

Small size files are copied ok (photos for example), but when I try to copy a big size file (300mb video as example) the copy dialog start but freeze after reading the first blocks of the file and I have to remove the USB drive manually. When I plug the USB again and I check the content, the file partially copied appears with 0bytes of size. It is like you cannot create this big file on target USB drive. Or maybe there are a bottleneck... maybe source file is transferred at bigger speed than the write speed of the USB drive?.

Im sure that is not a total commander bug.. and will be related to my android device, but I wanted to post here cause total commander is my fav commander of all that I have tested.

Thanks for the replies, and your ideas. I really want to solve this problem!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It could be a problem with the power supply to the USB device, writing usually takes more power than reading.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kmuland

Post by *kmuland »

You are right. I tested with different USB sticks and someones work properly so I can imagine that they require less power to work/write than others where the writing process fails

Million thanks for the help!!!