Show contents in right pane from map is in left pane

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Uncleben

Show contents in right pane from map is in left pane

Post by *Uncleben »

Hi,

As a result of a search action, I get the result in the left pane. Most of the times this contains also maps.
By clicking on this map, I would like to see the contents of that map in the right pane.

I have checked manuals, FAQs etc, but could not find the solution.

Pls advice..
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Press Ctrl+Right in a file, directory, archive or whatever to either open it on the right side (directory, archive) or open the containing directory on the right side and place the cursor on it (file). If you intend to show the file's contents (e.g. some picture) use QuickView (Ctrl+Q).

HTH

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Uncleben

Post by *Uncleben »

Hi Dalai,
thanks for the answer. It helps me a lot. The first suggestion works fine, the second does not work with me, because it is not the contents of a dir, but a list of search results.
However, many thanks.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

It doesn't matter if it's search results or a normal directory listing, Ctrl+Q works on both. Here's an example: Search for some files, feed them to the list on the left-hand side. Place the cursor on any of these files and press Ctrl+Q. Result: the file's contents are shown on the right-hand side. Press Ctrl+Q again to return to the normal view. With QuickView enabled you can also go through your search results by placing the cursor on the next file. QuickView is only really useful on files, less on directories, so if you searched for directories, QuickView only shows used space and stuff (that is without plugins).

If you mean(t) something different, it would be good if you elobarated a bit more of what you intend to do, so people can help more specifically. Anyway the example above might help other people, too :).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror