Copying photos from USB OTG flash drive to Android Gallery

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

David C

Copying photos from USB OTG flash drive to Android Gallery

Post by *David C »

I have thousands of photos on an NTFS flash drive I am able to view on my Samsung phone thanks to a USB OTG cable and Total Commander and it's plugin. I want to be able to project them onto my TV using a Roku streaming stick I have plugged into it, but it will only project photos in the phone's Gallery, not those in the flash drive on the OTG cable. I can't find any way of getting Roku to read from the flash drive or of copying from it to the Gallery from which Roku reads. Anyone know how I can do either?
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Copying photos from USB OTG flash drive to Android Galle

Post by *nsp »

David C wrote:I have thousands of photos on an NTFS flash drive I am able to view on my Samsung phone thanks to a USB OTG cable and Total Commander and it's plugin. I want to be able to project them onto my TV using a Roku streaming stick I have plugged into it, but it will only project photos in the phone's Gallery, not those in the flash drive on the OTG cable. I can't find any way of getting Roku to read from the flash drive or of copying from it to the Gallery from which Roku reads. Anyone know how I can do either?
To copy from your OTG Connected drive to the "gallery" it should be easy as creating a folder under /sdcard/Pictures and copy files inside. Normally the gallery point to the Pictures folder of your android device and add every sub-folder as a "collection". If you feel comfortable with unix and have a shell terminal, you can try to create a link from your an external drive folder to your pictures ...
-- Normally the media scanner process also automatically add folder with images but not sure if it can access external/usb drive. This is why adding folder to Pictures is the easiest/safiest way to achieve your goal.