option to add more file operations to current one

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

brahman

option to add more file operations to current one

Post by *brahman »

How many times do I have started a big copy job and then wished I would have used the background transfer manager?

But I didn't and then had to wait a many long minutes until I was able to start another move/copy job.

Isn't that a common experience among us TC users?

Therefore my suggestion:

I would like to have in the final 9.10 an additional button to the current Pause Cancel Background ones in the standard copy/move dialogue, that allows me to add more copy/move jobs to be performed after the current copy/move operation has finished (even when I do not use the background transfer module).

I hope it would be relatively easy to implement, and it would save me and hopefully so many other users so much waiting time that could be used much more productive!

Thank you so much Christian for a great product!
Regards, Brahman
Win10 Pro x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

brahman,
wincmd.ini
[Configuration]
AlwaysCopyInBackground=2

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
brahman

Post by *brahman »

I tried out this solution, but I don't know why it doesn't work.

If I put AlwaysCopyInBackground=2 in the [Configuration] section, and I drag and drop a file into the target pane, a copy foreground window will open with a Background button.

If I press the Background button, and start a simultaneous second transfer the same way, then both files are copied simultaneously instead of one after another as I would expect if the Background Tranfer Manager were used.

Is it a bug or do I do somethimng wrong?
Regards, Brahman
Win10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to enable confirmation for Drag&Drop in Configuration - Options - Misc to use this function with Drag&Drop.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
brahman

Post by *brahman »

Thank you, that did it!
Regards, Brahman
Win10 Pro x64