Android-TV support?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TomTomturnaround

Android-TV support?

Post by *TomTomturnaround »

Hi there,

I bought a Sony Bravia Android TV lately and to gain control over the otherwise largely insulated system I installed TC for Android as one of my primary actions.

I now have TC listed as app and it opens fine. However with only a standard remote control available I have no analog cursor (mouse-arrow) at the moment and no touch-screen either. With the digital-cursor control I can switch the panels and navigate the directory-structure. So far, so good.

Unfortunately I have had no luck accessing the setup-dialog or the button-bar so far. The system, in spite of running Android 5.1.1, does not show the "3-dots-menu-item" anywhere and somehow I seem bound within the file-panels so far.

Questions:
1. Is there any other way to access the main configuration dialog with only a digital cursor? I can access the TC-diskette-Symbol at the top left but there is no right-button-context menu and when I press <Enter> on the TC-symbol it does not offer any menu-access either.
2. Does anyone know if any of the TV-remote-keys would act as a menu-/options button or like the hardware-buttons on a standard android phone? Because a back-/exit-button equivalent is present on the TV-remote.
3. Is there a way to enable an analog-mouse-cursor on an Android-TV?

greetings
TomTom
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently I'm only supporting Amazon TV, because its remote does have a menu button. However, even on Android TV there should be the 3 dots menu in the upper right of the title bar, isn't that the case?

For basic file functions you can
- use the left cursor key to select files
- hold down the ENTER/OK button to open the context menu

Your questions:
1. Scroll down to go to the bottom menu bar. Then add a new button with command Nr 500: Main menu.
2., 3. Sorry, I don't currently own an Android TV. Anyone else?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ThearonBartel

Post by *ThearonBartel »

It turns out, this part of the question is actually very simple. An Android TV box is simply a TV box running the Android operating system. This is the same operating system as the one running on your smartphone, tablet and millions of other devices throughout the world. Usually it’s a slightly older version like KitKat (Android 4.4) or Lollipop (Android 5).

This user account was banned for spam in his signature.