How can i delete the Master Password of the ftp plugin.

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rserral

How can i delete the Master Password of the ftp plugin.

Post by *rserral »

How can i delete the Master Password of the ftp plugin. I typed something i don't remember on my Samsung Galaxy SII and don't want to uninstall the TC for android to reset this Master Password. In fact, i do not want to use any Master Password ffor this. Can i deactivate it or leave it blank.
gmb

Post by *gmb »

Go to folder /data/data/com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander/shared_prefs/ and open the file TotalCommander.xml.
The key "AESVerify" is used for the master password. You can delete that key or the entire file TotalCommander.xml.
Then you need to close and re-open TC.
rserral

Post by *rserral »

Thank you for your quick answer.
My Samsung Galaxy S2 (android 4) does not allow me to access this "data" folder. What should i do?
gmb

Post by *gmb »

Try this:

Create a new bookmark with path /data/data/com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

or create a new button of type "Change directory" with command /data/data/com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

Then go to subfolder shared_prefs and file TotalCommander.xml
mastabog

Post by *mastabog »

Shouldn't this method work for the LAN plugin as well? Because it doesn't ...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes it should! But after editing the file, you need to close TC completely via the menu button, then choosing "Close".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mastabog

Post by *mastabog »

I'm sorry but it doesn't. I tried both editing and deleting the file, amking sure that TC is closed properly (killed it using system apps close from both active and cached processes).

It now asks for a _new_ master password. I don't want any master password any more. If I try to change it to a blank password, I can't. The confirmation step does not accept a blank entry.

Edit: wiped data, uninstalled and reinstalled. I think I might have solved it previously if I long-tapped on the entry and chose properties, then uncheck protect with master password (?).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, all it does is remove the default master password, so you can enter a new one. It does not decrypt all the stored passwords!

To do that, you need to open the properties of each connection, and uncheck the "protect with master password" option. Or delete all connections and create new ones without that option.
mastabog

Post by *mastabog »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Well, all it does is remove the default master password, so you can enter a new one. It does not decrypt all the stored passwords!

To do that, you need to open the properties of each connection, and uncheck the "protect with master password" option. Or delete all connections and create new ones without that option.
Yes, what i was trying to say is that *I think* it was asking for a new master password when I was trying to edit the properties of the connection, so I was stuck in a loop. I said *I think* that was the case because I didn't have any more patience to make sure and wiped + reinstalled. I might be wrong, of course, but you might want to check :) -- create a master password, delete the .xml file, edit properties, see if it asks for a new master password.
AlexKniga

Post by *AlexKniga »

I want remove master password. But my TotalCommander.xml do not have key "AESVerify". How to delete master password?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

If AESVerify is missing, you can enter a new master password when saving a password. TC will not complain if it is different from the previous one (that's what AESVerify is for).