Totalbox Plugin Does Not Work Any More?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

javadi

TotalBox not working after change of password

Post by *javadi »

Hi there :-)

I installed TC on my Android smartphone and installed TotalBox to access my Dropbox. It worked very well, until I changed the password to my Dropbox, which is understandable. I couldn't find a way to enter the new password from the App. So, I uninstalled TotalBox and installed it again. It asked for credentials to Dropbox, I entered those but it didn't work. I uninstalled TC and TotalBox fully, installed again, but it doesn't work. I also restarted my smartphone, but no luck. When I tap on TotalBox it says "TotalBox service started" and when I tap on "Online folders" it says "getting directory". Surprisingly the date and time shown next to "Online folders" is "01/01/1970 00:59" (this might be irrelevant to the issue as I'd never paid attention to it). Would you please help? Thanks.

Greetings :-)
Amir-Homayoun

[mod] Joint post with this very thread:
"Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 " javadi
"Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 " ghisler(Author)
"Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 22:47 " javadi
[/mod]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=48546
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fc62

TotalBox

Post by *fc62 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I have already mailed him a few times, no reaction so far. Currently I'm busy with the beta test of the Windows version, which will be released next week. If there is no reaction by then, I will write my own Dropbox plugin - it shouldn't be too difficult when using the official Dropbox functions.
I'm looking forward to use your Dropbox Plugin! I used to work with Dropbox frequently on my smartphone and an "official" plugins on Total commander is more than welcome. Unfortunately TotalBox isn't at all reliable.
Thanks!!!
javadi

Post by *javadi »

Thanks Ghiler for your reply. I look forward to the solution.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The first beta of my new Dropbox plugin is available now! Because of extremely restrictive naming rules from Dropbox, I have called the plugin "TotalDrip", because TotalBox is already taken, and TotalDrop or anything else with "drop" in the name isn't allowed by Dropbox rules.

To get the plugin, you need to enable beta testing for it:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ghisler.tcplugins.totaldrip

Then you can download it here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.tcplugins.totaldrip

Unfortunately Dropbox only allows a maximum of 500 testers during the beta phase. Google requires at least 1000 testers. Therefore I will unlink all users once the user count reaches 500, so other users will have the chance to test the plugin. You will need to login again when this happens.

The plugin supports multiple Dropbox user accounts.

Please report any problems here in the forum, or via e-mail to support at ghisler dot com!
dingolino

Post by *dingolino »

Thank you very much!
Great!

I was realy missing the Dropbox connection with TC.

So far it is working nicely with my two dropbox accounts I have.

Best regards,

dingolino

[quote="ghisler(Author)"]The first beta of my new Dropbox plugin is available now! /quote]
fc62

Post by *fc62 »

I already downloaded the app and it seems working well with my 2 Dropbox accounts (One for personal use and one for business).
I made several operations (Movings, copies, etc.) without problems so far.

regards
Rino

Post by *Rino »

Vielen Dank, die Beta funktioniert fabelhaft :D
yaqwa

Post by *yaqwa »

Also bei mir funktioniert es nur zum Teil. Das heißt auf meinem Tablet mit Android 5 funktioniert es einwandfrei das heißt ich melde mich an nenne meinen Server Dropbox und nach der Anmeldung habe ich mein Dateiverzeichnis von der Dropbox vor mir. Bei meinem Samsung Galaxy S8 mit Android 7.0 funktioniert es nicht. Ich nenne es wie vorher auch Dropbox melde mich an verbinde die Dropbox mit meinem Account es funktioniert alles ich sage okay und danach bin ich wieder draußen also ich sehe nur den Servernamen und sobald ich auf diesen klicke will er sie ich wieder verbinden bzw wartet auf Anmeldung. was kann ich tun?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wahrscheinlich haben Sie die Hintergrunddaten deaktiviert. Das Plugin ist eine eigene App, die läuft immer im Hintergrund, und kann so keine Daten übertragen. Oder die App ist "optimiert" und wird von Android beendet.
yaqwa

Post by *yaqwa »

Nach dem Update von heute funktioniert es tadellos.
martha7

Post by *martha7 »

I just installed Totaldrip, and it is hung up, saying "Getting directory". It's been 15 minutes.

I have Android 7.0, on a Moto G5 Plus.

Thanks.

ps, thanks for developing a fix for Dropbox! Kudos. I just hope you can put out an official version soon.
martha7

Post by *martha7 »

Oh, never mind! I just got back in TC, & my Dropbox is there! Everything looks good.
dingolino

Post by *dingolino »

Hi,

I noticed that it failed to overwrite an exisiting file.

If I try to copy from dropbox to my android phone a file which is allready existing it says whether I want to overwrite. I confirm and than I get a error meassage. The "old" file on the android device is deleted but the new one is not copied.

Best regards,

dingolino
brahman

Post by *brahman »

I think it would be nice to have a master password for TC, so that this sensitive stuff stays safely encrypted and cannot be abused.
Regards, Brahman
Win10 & 11 Pro x64