search for image

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

giulia

search for image

Post by *giulia »

Hi
is there a plugin that can help me to search images using for example search by resolution (photos with 4899 x 4899 pixel resolution) , iptc (keyworkds ,exif (like software used or brand and camera model ) and so on

thanks
love Total Commander , best file manager ever made
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Sure, there are quite a few: ImgSize, EXIF, ShellDetails, and you might also want to take a look at other plugins listed in the Content plugin section of the TC homepage.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
giulia

Post by *giulia »

Dalai wrote:Sure, there are quite a few: ImgSize, EXIF, ShellDetails, and you might also want to take a look at other plugins listed in the Content plugin section of the TC homepage.

Regards
Dalai
Hi Delai
in short @ Content plugin section there the same plugins
don't know what can i do with shelldetails
thanks
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

ShellDetails allows you to use all fields that are available in the system (the shell, hence the plugin name). Among those fields are also ones for images/pictures, most probably width and height. However, which fields are available depends on the system.

In the end, it's not so important which plugin you use. Just install one or more of them by double-clicking on the ZIP archive and confirming the installation prompt. Then you can use the plugin(s) in the Plugins tab of TC's search function.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Ovg
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Ovg »

giulia wrote:don't know what can i do with shelldetails
thanks
http://rgho.st/78dGfhVxf
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
#259941, TC 11.01 x64, Windows 7 SP1 x64
giulia

Post by *giulia »

Dalai wrote:ShellDetails allows you to use all fields that are available in the system (the shell, hence the plugin name). Among those fields are also ones for images/pictures, most probably width and height. However, which fields are available depends on the system.

In the end, it's not so important which plugin you use. Just install one or more of them by double-clicking on the ZIP archive and confirming the installation prompt. Then you can use the plugin(s) in the Plugins tab of TC's search function.

Regards
Dalai
Hi Delai
appreciate it a lot
i was looking for audio plugin , i found AudioInfo 1.4.3 but is 32bit only ,do you think there is a 64bit version

and at work i use full portable , do the plugins keep it portable ? or these plugins leave registry keys or files?
i was contrary to the plugins seeing totalcommander is amazing even without plugins
thanks Delai

Ovg wrote:
giulia wrote:don't know what can i do with shelldetails
thanks
http://rgho.st/78dGfhVxf
thanks OVG
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

giulia wrote:i was looking for audio plugin , i found AudioInfo 1.4.3 but is 32bit only ,do you think there is a 64bit version
No, there isn't. I use TCMediaInfo for audio files in TC x64, but there are two other related plugins: MediaInfo and MediaInfoWDX. I linked to all of them some time ago, so you can search for my posts and any of these plugin names. Please note that TCMediaInfo has a bug in the two latest versions that enable the system's smooth scrolling for list boxes (I wrote about that somewhere in the forum).
and at work i use full portable , do the plugins keep it portable ? or these plugins leave registry keys or files?
It's quite rare that plugins use the registry to save any settings or something like that. The majority uses files (INI, XML or some other format) to save their settings. Note that some plugins might need additional DLLs; the MediaInfo based plugins mentioned above need MediaInfo.dll (or MediaInfo64.dll), others might need Visual C++ Runtimes and so on.

It depends on the plugin how it's made portable: Some of them use a settings file in their directory (like my plugins do), others require a special file to be present (e.g. SynWrite). There is no general rule, so I recommend to take a look at the plugin's readme and/or search the forum on how to do make a certain plugin portable.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence