I don't receive emails when someone replies. Ideas?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

opwdkaefaefojp

Post by *opwdkaefaefojp »

1 2 3 testing with other
opwdkaefaefojp

1 2 3 testing with jimmy
JimmyTheBroker

Post by *JimmyTheBroker »

1 2 3 testing
I finally get notifications from emails again!!!
So happy!
JimmyTheBroker

opwdkaefaefojp wrote:testing 1 2 3

1 2 3 testing
So happy!
opwdkaefaefojp

opwdkaefaefojp
JimmyTheBroker

1 2 3 testing
So happy!
JimmyTheBroker

123 testing
So happy!
opwdkaefaefojp

JimmyTheBroker

I am able to get a different email address to get the messages that is completely separate from JimmyTheBroker account. So i don't think it is anything wrong with the ghisler.ch?

I will continue with microsoft and see if that have any ideas

if one of the admins can look at my account? that'd be nice too. will update if i figure it out
So happy!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

JimmyTheBroker wrote:1 2 3 testing with jimmy
Test - reply
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
JimmyTheBroker

petermad wrote:
JimmyTheBroker wrote:1 2 3 testing with jimmy
Test - reply
Hey Peter still nothing :(
So happy!
JimmyTheBroker

I sent Microsoft a message:
I cannot receive emails from forumadmin@ghisler.ch which are very important.I have tested with a few other email accounts and come to the conclusion that it must be something with outlook on the server side blocking the email.

They sent me a reply about an hour ago:

Hi Jimmy,

We appreciate your time getting in touch to us. We’re here to help.

We’ve gone through with checking the domain @ghisler.ch and it seems that this email address has an issue with their Domain Name System (DNS) as it appears that their server settings is no longer valid and this might be reason why you are not receiving emails from them due to our system is blocking emails coming from the said domain.

Microsoft placed sets of policies and guidelines that automatically filters emails to guarantee the online safety of our customers. In addition, Outlook.com email sending policy is influenced by a number of factors related to the sending IP, domain, authentication, list accuracy, complaint rates, content and more.

If there’s a way for you to contact the sender’s domain admin or IT to let them know about the issue or you may advise them to get in touch with our Microsoft Sender Support Team.

You can forward this link to them: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866. They need to fill out the form to allow their domain in our whitelist. They have the information to complete the form and must be submitted from their end. Please be advised that it will take 24-48 hours before our Outlook.com Sender Support Team can review the form submitted by the domain admin or IT.

After Microsoft Sender Support Team verified and confirmed that domain @ghisler.ch is already added on the Whitelist of Microsoft - an exchange of email will then be possible.

I hope that the information that I have provided is enough to resolve the issue. I am positive that the issue will be properly addressed by our Microsoft Sender Support team.

Thank you and have a great one!

Regards,
Michael B. – Outlook.com Support
So happy!
JimmyTheBroker

Also Am i the only one with this problem? or do many people have this same problem of not getting notifications when replied to?
(I'm using Microsoft outlook)
So happy!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I don't think it is Microsoft Outlook that does it - Outlook is just a mail client. It is rather the server for your incomming email that does it - is it a hotmail account you have?
You can forward this link to them: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866. They need to fill out the form to allow their domain in our whitelist
this link just redericts me to https://www.msn.com/da-dk/?ocid=NEFLS000 and will probably rederict others to the MSN homepage for their language - there is no form on that page...
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

petermad wrote:I don't think it is Microsoft Outlook that does it - Outlook is just a mail client. It is rather the server for your incomming email that does it - is it a hotmail account you have?
You can forward this link to them: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866. They need to fill out the form to allow their domain in our whitelist
this link just redericts me to https://www.msn.com/da-dk/?ocid=NEFLS000 and will probably rederict others to the MSN homepage for their language - there is no form on that page...
Remove the dot at the end of the URL. It's a quirk of the URL auto-formatting done by the phpBB forum software used here... ;)

For convenience, the proper clickable URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=614866