Default "open with" in context menu and/or opening

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ndjne

Default "open with" in context menu and/or opening

Post by *ndjne »

First of all, thank you for bringing TC to Android. It's far superior to all the other file explorers I tested.
I have one pretty simple task (so I though) I want to do - looking up some files in my Firefox profile folder. I have full root of course, and use QuickEdit ( link had to be removed... ) as a text editor.

Now I solved my problem - not being able to open files with the editor - thanks to viewtopic.php?t=48113 (I had to remove the link...) and it works, but this makes me having to show the bar with the button and selecting/deselecting the files. Also I would not have found this solution at all without searching the forum for it.

Why is there option to open a file by tapping, or double-tapping on them?
I tried "send to" but that does not work at all (and is even more work).
In the TC settings I also set some internal links (no idea what it's called exactly, in german it's called "Interne Verknüpfungen") for .js and .txt and .json to QuickEdit, but it seems to not have any effect (btw in the dialogue there you should make clear, that the . is not supposed to be entered).

When I tap/hold on a .js file I get the option to "Play (Foreground)" which opens some app that seems to have grabbed the file extension for no good reason, for .txt I get at least the option to "open with". For some .ini file I can only use "send to" which does not work at all.
So why no option to always show "open with" no matter the file extension?

Thank you
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try defining an internal associaton to open the program you want.
So why no option to always show "open with" no matter the file extension?
"open with" is only shown when there are programs available for a specific extension.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com