F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ovg
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Ovg »

Umpal wrote:I didn't give a try to F4MiniMenu because it requires AutoHotkey installation
No need installation.

1. Autohotkey is portable.
2. You can compile F4MiniMenu to exe file.
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
#259941, TC 11.01 x64, Windows 7 SP1 x64
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

Umpal wrote:I didn't give a try to F4MiniMenu because it requires AutoHotkey installation which I don't want to use (especially when I'm using my portable USB with ton of plugins and stuff in TC that simply works from the moment I plug it in).
Just so you know:

You don't need to install AutoHotkey to run AutoHotkey scripts. You can download "Download AutoHotkey .zip" from here https://autohotkey.com/download/ and unpack it autohotkey.exe will work. This will also allow you run any other ahk script on your USB device, especially if you create a simple launcher script - these can be batch files but of course also a (compiled) autohotkey script.

Some specific F4MiniMenu tips (but these apply to all "portable" scripts):

1a - you can copy autohotkey.exe as F4MiniMenu.exe to the F4MiniMenu folder and simply start it (it will look for a script with the same name automatically so it will launch F4MiniMenu.ahk

1b - you can create a simple batch file or TC button bar "pathto\autohotkey.exe" "pathto\f4minimenu\f4minimenu.ahk"

1c - in the autohotkey.zip file there is also a Compiler\ folder where you will find the ahk2exe program so you can compile "f4minimenu.ahk" to "f4minimenu.exe"

If I would release a pre-compiled F4MiniMenu.exe you would try it?

Edit: Ovg beat me too it :D Hi Ovg
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
Ovg
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Ovg »

2hi5
You are welcome! :D
I still use F4MiniMenu with pleasure :wink:
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
#259941, TC 11.01 x64, Windows 7 SP1 x64
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Umpal wrote:Recently, I'm being annoyed a lot by F4Menu in a very specific situation: While I have running in background Windnows 7 in Virtual Box I get it crashed almost every single time I'm trying to use F4. I do not get it. What's wrong with this tool? What methods it uses that produces so many crashes? I'd wish somebody had it recompiled with other version of MS VStudio and got rid of those annoyances. Yet, I still love this tiny tool waiting for a miracle :-)
I don't know exact conditions for reproducing this crash, I've tried to debug it once when it have occured constantly, it seems to be a bug in selection detection mechanism that happens under some strange conditions.
Umpal wrote:PS What happened to Shanny? There is no word from him nor about him. I hope he's alright leading happy life somewhere there...
I would like to know it too...
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

hi5 wrote:If I would release a pre-compiled F4MiniMenu.exe you would try it?
Yes, sir! :D
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

Umpal wrote:
hi5 wrote:If I would release a pre-compiled F4MiniMenu.exe you would try it?
Yes, sir! :D

Here you go, should work (haven't compiled scripts in years)
:arrow: https://github.com/hi5/F4MiniMenu/releases

Edit: any questions you can post here http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=35721 :wink:
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

hi5 wrote:Here you go (...)
Thanks for the compilation. I tried it. To be honest I'm not convinced. But I appreciate the effort. We definitely need something native built-in made by Christian...
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

Ladys and gentlemen,

I have found solution to the crashes! :lol:

It is sooo simple that I stil can not believe it. What's more, the menu opens even faster! No delays I experienced sometimes. All what you need to do is to put a -p parameter. That's all :D

Here is a screen shot from TC settings:

Image: http://i68.tinypic.com/2wdy1it.jpg
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Umpal,
With -p you are not able to open multiple selected files via F4...
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

MVV
Indeed. I did not run a test on multiple files. That's not good but... If one experiences constant crashes in some specific circumstances, like in my case working with VitrualBox under Windows 7 all day long simultaneously to the native installed Windows 8.1, that solution is salvation*. I'm willing to pay this price as I get it working every time I hit F4 (otherwise it was like only 1 in ~15 times).

Anyways, I'll keep my hope that Christian decides one not-so-distant-day to implement a nice native TC's choice editor instead :wink:

*I know there are other choice editors but I tried them and I still find M4Menu the best.