Tab Not Working as Expected in Checksum Validation

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

miguelconqueso

Tab Not Working as Expected in Checksum Validation

Post by *miguelconqueso »

When validating checksums, I would expect when I hit the tab key from "Close", it would go to "Background" but it doesn't. It seems like the "Background" button isn't a tab stop like it is in other windows. It just cycles from the text to the "Close" button.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

<snark> The Background button is just a facade without a real function anyway, so it probably makes sense why it can't be reached via TAB. :twisted: </end snark>

You might try pressing the "Cursor Right" arrow when the input focus is on the Abort/Close button. This should move the input focus over to that Background button.
miguelconqueso

Post by *miguelconqueso »

I followed the link but maybe I'm just one of those oddballs that uses the Background button all the time, especially when copying large files across my network while I perform other functions.

As far as copying, since I brought it up, the tab key works as expected. It's just the checksum validation "modal" (I quote because it really isn't?, couldn't quite tell from the linked topic) doesn't. It wouldn't be a big deal but I use this functionality a lot.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

miguelconqueso wrote:As far as copying, since I brought it up, the tab key works as expected. It's just the checksum validation "modal" (I quote because it really isn't?, couldn't quite tell from the linked topic) doesn't. It wouldn't be a big deal but I use this functionality a lot.
No, of course not. The next time you open the CRC validation dialog/window, try treating it like any other ordinary non-modal dialog/window in the world... ;)
(I am a bit confused about whether i understand you correctly or not, because you shouldn't need the internet to to tell you whether a dialog on your screen is modal or not. :? )