How can I open a directory in the other panel?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zxyzgt

How can I open a directory in the other panel?

Post by *zxyzgt »

Lets say there are directories test01, test02, test03... in left panel. How can I double click test01 in left panel and show the contents of test01 in right panel? Also when I double click test02, the contents in right panel would be updated for test02 etc...

Is there any hotkey for it?

Many thanks! :D
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Ctrl+(Cursor)Right opens the directory under the cursor in the right panel, same works for Ctrl+(Cursor)Left and the left panel. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+(Cursor)Up opens the directory in a new tab on the opposite side, and Ctrl+(Cursor)Up on the same side.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Ctrl+(Cursor)Right opens the directory under the cursor in the right panel, same works for Ctrl+(Cursor)Left and the left panel. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+(Cursor)Up opens the directory in a new tab on the opposite side
Yeah i guess it call the cm_TransferLeft, cm_TransferRight and cm_OpenDirInNewTabOther commands...

Anyway if you are a keyboard user and you make your own shortcuts (as me).
Lot of commands to play on the Opposite Panel miss.

Example:
I use "Enter" Key to open a Directory in the current Panel.
I want make a shortcut Ctrl+Enter to open a directory in the Opposite Panel, but no have command for it!

Same if i want create a directory or move in the structure of the Opposite Panel.
No commands for it!

Result i always past my time to switch over the Right and Left Panel via the switch TAB shortcut to do what i have to do.
Boring!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
zxyzgt

Post by *zxyzgt »

Dalai wrote:Ctrl+(Cursor)Right opens the directory under the cursor in the right panel, same works for Ctrl+(Cursor)Left and the left panel. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+(Cursor)Up opens the directory in a new tab on the opposite side, and Ctrl+(Cursor)Up on the same side.

Regards
Dalai
@Dalai, @islogged, Thank you so much for your help!
Are there any addons/plugins I can use with mouse so that only single one click on the directory to view contents in the opposite panel (just like window explorer preview panel in windows 7)? Thanks again!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Try one of the directory trees: Menu Show > Tree or Menu Show > Separate Tree.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
islogged

Post by *islogged »

@Dalai, @islogged, Thank you so much for your help!
Are there any addons/plugins I can use with mouse so that only single one click on the directory to view contents in the opposite panel (just like window explorer preview panel in windows 7)? Thanks again!
Looks like Dalai answered ur question.

Anyway by following this topic, i wondering if it's possible to assigne a TC Command to a Mouse Event in the [Shortcuts] section??? :D
TC V9.0a 64Bits with Official License Here
Windows 10 Enterprise x64 RedStone 3
zxyzgt

Post by *zxyzgt »

Dalai wrote:Try one of the directory trees: Menu Show > Tree or Menu Show > Separate Tree.
@Dalai, sorry for the confusion. I am not asking for the tree view like window explorer preview panel in windows 7. I was wondering if I could 'single click' one directory in left panel and view contents in the opposite panel (using mouse but not Ctrl+Right hotkey).
islogged

Post by *islogged »

I was wondering if I could 'single click' one directory in left panel and view contents in the opposite panel (using mouse but not Ctrl+Right hotkey).
It's possible if TC provide a Mouse Event (like MouseLeftClick) to trigger an TC Internal Command AND if an Internal TC Command as cm_OpenDirInOppositPanel exist to associate with.

I don't have the answer for the first part and i don't saw a command like that in the Command Browser.

Anyway if the answer is Yes to trigger an internal TC Command on an Mouse Event, you can alternatively use the command cm_TransferRight with it but it will work only for the Left Panel u click!
zxyzgt

Post by *zxyzgt »

It's possible if TC provide a Mouse Event (like MouseLeftClick) to trigger an TC Internal Command AND if an Internal TC Command as cm_OpenDirInOppositPanel exist to associate with.
Looks like Autohotkey is the only solution so far. Thank you 8) 8) 8)
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Looks like Autohotkey is the only solution so far. Thank you
Yeah looks like a lot of questions here find an Autohotkey answer!
Total Commander is that ready to buy this Software?