Trying to use webdav on PC tc to transfer files to android..

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bleeding nail

Trying to use webdav on PC tc to transfer files to android..

Post by *Bleeding nail »

I am trying to use the webdav plugin for PC desktop total commander to transfer files to total commander with the WiFi transfer plugin on an android device. So I am supposed to assign a share form the android device to a drive letter with mapping in total commander? I tried that by entering 192.168.1.129 (the address of the android device) to map it to a drive letter but I get a windows cannot access error. I tried the copy button on a folder but there is no option to send the file via WiFi. normally I would enter a name for the android device (you know, like, 64bitfilesandstuff) but I have no idea if the android device has one - only a numerical address. Thanks for any help. I have tried using the total commander for android LAN plugin but I keep getting logon failure error messages when I used to not get those errors and I have seen evidence that windows 10 home (upgraded form windows 8.1 at no cost via the special upgrade option about a year or two ago) has a lot of problems such as user profile databases getting corrupted and windows update problems among other problems which Microsoft should not have announced that windows 10 would be the last version of windows, because of.
Bleeding nail

Post by *Bleeding nail »

Never mind - I found a clue = "\", in other words I needed to find "network neighborhood", NOT "network connections", within total commander for the PC desktop. excellent progress so far! And I just need to go from there!