right panel descend into the dir on the left

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Roo

right panel descend into the dir on the left

Post by *Roo »

Say there is a bunch of directories showing in the left panel, and I move up/down the list with the arrow keys. I'd like the right panel to keep changing into the directory that is currently focused in the left panel. And maybe do nothing if it's a file. Sort of like "Synchronize Directory Changes", but with the right panel following the focus of the left panel and going one level deeper. Is that possible? Hope I explained it clearly enough...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try to add a button with command cm_SyncChangeDir to enable this mode where a directory change in one panel causes the same change in the other panel.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Roo

Post by *Roo »

ghisler(Author) wrote:enable this mode where a directory change in one panel causes the same change in the other panel.
That is not what I'm after though. I guess I did not explain well. I'll try again. You know the mode where it's a QuickView in one panel (Ctrl+Q)? You move from file to file in one panel, and the QuickView always shows the contents of the file that is focused on the other side. So, I want it so that when I move focus from directory to directory (using arrow keys only, not Enter, so not changing into a directiory), the other panel keeps changing into that directory. Like QuickView, but instead of a directory QuickView ("Total space occupied" etc.) it's actually a regular panel navigated into that directory.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

I think you could try the following:
1. CTRL+left/right Open directory/archive and display it in the target window (... see: Menu "Help" - "Keyboard")
   OR
2. Button with command: cm_TransferRight
   (Type in: cm_CommandBrowser in TC's command line and press <ENTER>, then use the field "Filter:"
    to get more informations about commands)

----
cm_TransferRight 2025 Transfer dir under cursor to right window
cm_TransferLeft   2024 Transfer dir under cursor to left window

Regards
Karl
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: right panel descend into the dir on the left

Post by *Stefan2 »

Roo wrote:Say there is a bunch of directories showing in the left panel,

and I move up/down the list with the arrow keys.

I'd like the right panel to keep changing into the directory that is currently focused in the left panel.

Take a look at the "Show" menu > Tree

You still have to press Enter key too to display the folder content in other panel.

I don't know if there is a setting to make that more automated, just by going from folder to folder...
...take a look into menu "Configuration > Options..." and into the help > Configuration and Switches > Ini file Settings" if you can find something related.