TCMenu 1.9 - Can I have cascading menus?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DRP535

TCMenu 1.9 - Can I have cascading menus?

Post by *DRP535 »

Is it possible to have cascading menus using TCMenu?

I've tried it - having a TCMenu menu calling another TCMenu but the result is that the first TCMenu disappears when the second one gets called, leaving me with a disconnected floating menu in the middle of the screen which doesn't appear to belong to anything. Strictly speaking it does work, but it doesn't look good.

Ideally what I'd like is the first TCMenu to be as it currently is with the vertical drop down selection then have sub-menus expand horizontally out from that. Is that possible?
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

This text from the readme sounds like it might be what I'm looking to do but I can't get it to work.

Version 1.8
- Added support for nested .bar files. If choosen item contains in the command field .bar file name this bar will displayed instead of current menu. If parameter field contains word "menu", this .bar file will be attached to main menu as submenu.

Anyone?
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TCMenu 1.9 - Can I have cascading menus?

Post by *Sheepdog »

2DRP535

Maybe a changed Mainmenu would fit your desire much better:

There you can create Menus and Submenus as you like. The disadvantage is: There is nu Button or icon.

Another attempt:
have you tried TCToolbar ? here you can open another toolbar you can scroll through the buttons.

Personally I use 5 different Toolbars you can switch within TC. First five buttons are calling each one of the Bars. So You could access from each Toolbar each other with a click on the button in the same position.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2DRP535
Is it possible to have cascading menus using TCMenu?
Hello,

Here is a working example:

Button which calls TCMenu:

Code: Select all

Command: "%PROGRAMFILES%\Total Commander\Addons\TCMenu\TCmenu.exe" "%APPDATA%\Total Commander\Menu.bar"
Menu.bar content:

Code: Select all

[Buttonbar]
Buttoncount=2
button1=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\shell32.dll,117
cmd1=cm_OpenDesktop
menu1=Desktop
button2=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\shell32.dll,110
cmd2=C:\Sub.bar
param2=menu
menu2=Sub