Installation error with Imagine Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Installation error with Imagine Plugin

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

Hi!
Trying to install the Imagine 0.8.4.0 plugin on my Win ME notebook I got an error message: "...cannot be installed. Probably a required DLL is missing on your system." Is'nt that strange? If the error would occur when the plugin is called I would not be (extremely) surprised but how can a missing system DLL prevent the installation?
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Clo

Old, old!!!

Post by *Clo »

2Wilhelm M.
:) Hello !
¤ The very newest version is 0.9.0.0 beta 3… Did you try to install it ?
• It works fine at home, under Xp-Pro and Win 98 SE (though I've a special colour-problem for the tool-bar under Win 98 SE… )
¤ I've the archive as ZIP of that version, I could send it to you via email, whether it should be displayed below your post :(
EDIT : I always install the Imagine versions by hand, not any installer of any kind :twisted:
- Imagine has its own needed DLLs in the <Plugin> sub-dir. They must NOT be moved anywhere !
- I remember a similar case, where the user had moved these DLL, and that didn't work !

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-09-24, 10:58 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Wilhelm M.
Hello,
but how can a missing system DLL prevent the installation?
Total Commander is loading the dll and calls an operation to get informations about the plugin (name, detection string). If the plugin has been linked to a dynamic link library which is missing on the target system plugin installing will fail.
Use the FileInfo plugin to check these dependencies.
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

Thanks to Clo and Leftous!

I have used the fileinfo plugin and found out that under WinMe several implicit functions are missing from the kernel32.dll. This is true for imagine 0.8 as well for the new imagine 0.9 beta. Both are not accepted. Interestingly, my old version (0.7) shows the same deficiencies, but nevertheless works without problems. Thats a sad thing :( because I doubt that changing the operating system of my good old notebook is worth the work...

Win2k (on my desktop PC) is not affected. Fileinfo shows no problems.
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Clo

:( Win Me ! :(

Post by *Clo »

2Wilhelm M.
:) Hello !
¤ Win Me is not the best OS (to be kind!). I could attempt to know what are the needed Win DLLs under Win 98SE, since the error message doesn't show this… It's very similar with Win ME…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials