[Old] [minor] Pack dialog: 'Compression rate' always shows underlined symbol

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [Old] [minor] Pack dialog: 'Compression rate' always shows underlined symbol

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-23, 13:41 UTC Could someone please check whether the original bug reported here has been fixed?
The initial underlining in the Pack dialog and Settings/Custom Columns only still occurs in the 32-bit version.
Settings/View Modes seems to work OK.
MRT seems to work OK.
I haven't checked other dialogs.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Old] [minor] Pack dialog: 'Compression rate' always shows underlined symbol

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The initial underlining in the Pack dialog and Settings/Custom Columns only still occurs in the 32-bit version.
It only seems to happen with built-in English, I cannot reproduce it with any translations.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-25, 07:45 UTC It only seems to happen with built-in English, I cannot reproduce it with any translations.
Confirmed.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

HISTORY.TXT wrote: 25.06.23 Fixed: Dark mode, internal English only: All dialog elements still had underlined hotkeys when the dialog was opened via mouse (32)
Tested using TC 11.00b9 32-bit
* Settings - Custom columns (only 32-bit with built-in English; the 2 text labels at the top) - Fixed OK
* Pack dialog - Fixed OK
These were fixed for dark mode and normal mode (HISTORY.TXT says dark mode).

New ones found for 32-bit dark mode/built-in language and external language:
* Settings - Custom columns - New (2 text labels at the bottom left)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

New ones found for 32-bit dark mode/built-in language and external language:
Thanks, it seems to affect all checkboxes (not labels!) which are neither part of a group box nor directly of the dialog box (they are part of a Panel control). Find files is also affected, as well as various other dialogs.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

I could not perform extensive testing, as it would require immense amount of time; but I've checked the controls from my earlier reports, and some other dialogs, and it seems they work correctly now.

And confirm the white's report about the New Custom Columns in the dark mode. (I have not tried dark mode at all before…)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

HISTORY.TXT wrote:29.06.23 Fixed: Dark mode: Several checkboxes still had underlined hotkeys when the dialog was opened via mouse: Custom columns configuration, Find Files, Print preview, Synchronize dirs, Change start menu (32)
Tested using TC 11.00b10 32-bit. It seems to work OK except for the Advanced tab of Search.

* Open Search using the mouse
* Use the mouse to select the General, Plugins or Load/Save tab.
* Press Alt, now the access keys are shown in all tabs, but if you click the Advanced tab then all underlining of access keys is removed,
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have checked that, Windows reports that the underlines should not be drawn on the tab. I have to press Alt again to see them.

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-07-06, 08:45 UTC I have checked that, Windows reports that the underlines should not be drawn on the tab. I have to press Alt again to see them.
OK, then why does that only work that way on the Advanced tab and not on the other tabs?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know, the checkboxes on the advanced tab are the same control (TMyCheckbox) as the one on the Plugins tab, and they are all direct children of the tab control.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Once underlining is enabled on the Advanced tab, underlining is no longer removed when navigating from another tab to the Advanced tab by using the mouse.

Also, if you open Search using the mouse and then navigate the tabs using Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn, then navigating to the Advanced tab enables the underlining. It seems that the Advanced tab is functioning in the opposite way that it's supposed to.

(TC 11.00b10 32-bit)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, not in the opposite way, otherwise it wouldn't show the underlines when you press Alt while on that tab.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

What I meant was, activating the Advanced tab (using the mouse) can remove underlines (unlike the behavior of other tabs) and when nothing is underlined then activating the Advanced tab (using Ctrl+PgDn) can add underlines (unlike the behavior of other tabs).
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

BTW, during the time the Search window is open, it's only when you click the Advanced tab with the mouse the first time that underlining is removed.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Open Search in TC 11.00b10 32-bit
  • Press Alt to make sure underlines are shown
  • Click the Advanced tab -> underlines are removed
  • Click the General tab
  • Press Alt to make sure underlines are shown
  • Click the Advanced tab -> underlines are not removed