Directory tree not functional with virtual disks

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

odeon

Directory tree not functional with virtual disks

Post by *odeon »

Hi, my system disk C: is a virtual one based on server (my PC is a thin client).

I found that directory tree is not updating (expanding/collapsing) at all, when I browse folders on the C: disk.
The tree seems frozen and not changing.
It doesn't even have this C: lettered item in it.

The same (no C: letter in tree) is for the Windows Explorer, but it updates the tree state accordingly somehow.

Can TC's tree behave like WE's (i.e., update its collapse/expand state according to the folder currently open in the active panel)?

Other disks (CDs, USBs, network drives) behave as they should, the tree shows the currently opened folder and all the upper hierarchy as well being opened (expanded).

OS Win10 Corp, TC version 11.03, thin client soft is VMWare Tools 12.1.5.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Directory tree not functional with virtual disks

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed. Maybe you are denier access to certain folders? Do you get a request to access the folder "As administrator"?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
odeon

Post by *odeon »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-04-14, 13:02 UTC Not confirmed. Maybe you are denier access to certain folders? Do you get a request to access the folder "As administrator"?
I don't have admin privileges on this PC, but no access denied messages were popping out.
All the folders I browse on this disk, are opening quietly without any issues.

But the position in the tree doesn't change accordingly (unlike the behaviour on all the other drive letters), and keeps staying on Desktop level.
The tree is updating every time I enter or go up a directory in the main TC window (the tree kinda flickers a bit), but stays unchanged on Desktop position (in the tree).

The disk's drive letter (C) itself is absent from the TC's tree. The same is in the Windows Explorer (no C: drive) - but in the WE, the tree refreshes accordingly to the browsing process in the main (Explorer's) window
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Are you able to navigate to the root of C: or not? If not, it means that Total Commander cannot read the top level of the tree.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com